Clos de Loyse is a 22.3 acres Clos attached to a Castle of medieval origin. It was the land of the Lords of Loyse until 1643 when Carthusian monks took over and cultivated chardonnay there until the French Revolution. Chardonnay vines are grown a few kilometers away from Fuissé yet on a very different terroir from the rest of Southern Burgundy with alluvial soil lying on a granite bedrock, giving its wines a fruitier character. The traditional Mâconnais arch pruning allows controlled yields and a perfect acidity/sugar balance.
This white offers a bright and energetic initial impression, with lively acidity and sleek texture. Citrus flavors are enhanced by subtle earth and saline notes, as the flavor profile expands over the elegant finish.