/ Moscato d'Asti
Michele Chiarlo’s extensive vineyards stretch over more than 272 acres of Piedmont, including the hills surrounding Canelli, which offer an ideal microclimate for growing Moscato. Grapes are hand harvested from select vineyards with southern exposure and placed in pneumatic presses, followed by a slow fermentation using natural yeasts to a low level of alcohol. Unfermented Moscato grape must is then added to fine tune the sugar levels. Finally, the wine is immediately bottled in order to preserve the characteristically aromatic, sweet fruit fragrance of the Moscato Bianco grape. The result is a wine with such a delicate finesse that Michele Chiarlo named it Nivole after the Piedmontese word for clouds.
Anthony Dias Blue2009 vintage
This sweet, fragrant, lightly sparkling wine has vivid aromas and flavors of peach and apricot on a light body with a delicate finish typical of Moscato d’Asti.
An excellent companion to fresh pastries and fruit such as strawberries and peaches.
points of distinction
- A sweet, lightly sparkling, vividly aromatic wine
- Perfect for brunch, as an aperitif or with dessert
- About half the alcohol of other table wines
about the grape +
Moscato Bianco / Muscat d'Alsace
Shows exotic aromas of tropical fruits, flowers, rose petals and citrus blossoms, and bright, clean fresh grape flavors, with a note of acidity. Sweet and fortified wines show honey and caramel notes.
– Michele Chiarlo, Winemaker
“My aim has always been but one: quality.”
- quick view Michele Chiarlo Cerequio Barolo DOCG
- quick view Michele Chiarlo Cannubi Barolo DOCG
- quick view Michele Chiarlo La Court Barbera d'Asti Superiore Nizza DOCG
- quick view Michele Chiarlo Tortoniano Barolo DOCG
- quick view Michele Chiarlo Reyna Barbaresco DOCG
- quick view Michele Chiarlo Le Orme Barbera d'Asti Superiore DOCG
- quick view Michele Chiarlo Le Madri Roero Arneis DOCG
- quick view Michele Chiarlo Le Marne Gavi DOCG
- quick view Michele Chiarlo Grappa di Moscato
- quick view Michele Chiarlo Grappa di Barolo