The hallmark of each Zind-Humbrecht wine is its overriding sense of terroir: the taste of the vineyard is always clear and unmistakable.
About the Brand
from: Franceshow map
- 100 acres of prime estate vineyards include 4 prestigious Grands Crus
- Domaine Zind-Humbrecht is the archetype of its region and one of the world’s greatest wine producing estates
- Unbroken winemaking lineage in Alsace since 1620
- Olivier Humbrecht was the first Frenchman and is one of the world’s only winemakers to attain MW status
- Wines are recognized for their overriding sense of terroir because every aspect of viticulture and winemaking is tailored to achieve that goal
- Certified organic and biodynamic since 2002
With an unbroken winemaking lineage in Alsace since 1620, Domaine Zind-Humbrecht came by its current name in 1959 when Leonard Humbrecht married Genevieve Zind. In the 1960s and 1970s, Leonard was able to expand the winery’s collection of Grands Crus and other high quality vineyards. Since then, one of the hallmarks of every Zind-Humbrecht wine has been its overriding sense of terroir: the taste of the vineyard is always clear and unmistakable.
Zind-Humbrecht is managed by Olivier Humbrecht, one of the world’s only winemakers to attain MW status. His passion for Alsatian wines and Biodynamic farming translates into a portfolio of legendary wines recognizable for their purity, intensity and, above all, their faithful expression of each individual vineyard site.