Poema is a small-production, quality-oriented Spanish wine producer crafting top value Cava and luscious, fruit-forward red and white blends
About the Brand
- A small-production, quality-oriented Spanish wine producer crafting top value Cava and luscious, fruit-forward red and white blends
- Cavas made utilizing Metodo Tradicional, the same traditional method used to craft Champagne
- Cava grapes sourced in Penedès, the traditional quality center of the Cava growing zone
- Red and white blends’ grapes sourced from Catalunya, where Mediterranean climate and ideal soil composition yield fruit-driven wines
- Poema owns 20% of the vineyard sources; the rest are under long-term contract with growers who follow strict quality specifications.
- Fruit is sustainably farmed, using organic fertilizer and no herbicides
Poema crafts top-quality, small-production Cava in a sector of the Spanish wine industry dominated by large, volume-based producers. Poema carefully follows the Cava DO’s stringent regulations and elaborate Champenoise method to craft its Brut, delicately sweet Extra Dry and vibrant rosé, three exquisite expressions of Cava.
While Cava may be produced in various Spanish regions, Poema grows and sources its white grapes in Penedès, immediately west of Barcelona and considered the finest growing region for the grapes used to make Cava. Its red grapes for rosé are grown in Conca de Barberá, to the west.
Red and White Blend
Catalunya encompasses many famous Spanish subregions in the Iberian Peninsula’s northeast, providing an excellent palette for Poema’s Red Blend and White Blend. The diverse, Mediterranean-influenced climate makes it an ideal winegrowing location. The coast is known for dry and hot summers and mild winters, whereas inland vineyards experience hot summers and cold winters. To the north, the Pyrenees provide a high mountain climate with very cold and snowy winters and hot summers with abundant rainfall. The resulting blends balance ripe, luscious flavor and texture with fresh, vibrant acidity.