While Cava may be produced in various Spanish regions, Poema grows and sources its white grapes in Penedès, considered the finest growing region.
About the Brand
- Made utilizing Metodo Tradicional, the same traditional method used to craft Champagne
- A small-production, quality-oriented Cava house in a sector dominated by industrial producers
- Fruit is sourced in Penedès, the traditional quality center of the Cava growing zone.
- Poema owns 20% of the vineyard sources; the rest are under long-term contract with growers who follow strict quality specifications.
- Fruit is sustainably farmed, using organic fertilizer and no herbicides
Poema is a top-quality, small-production Cava house in a sector of the Spanish wine industry dominated by large, volume-based producers. Poema carefully follows the Cava DO’s stringent regulations and elaborate Champenoise method to craft its Brut, delicately sweet Extra Dry and vibrant Rosado, three exquisite expressions of Cava.
Sourcing Top Fruit
While Cava may be produced in various Spanish regions, Poema grows and sources its white grapes in Penedès, immediately west of Barcelona and considered the finest growing region for the grapes used to make Cava. Its red grapes for rosado are grown in Conca de Barberá, to the west.