Sauvignon Blanc New Zealand 2017
Grapes: 100% Sauvignon Blanc
These Sauvignon grapes were discovered in not one but two of New Zealand’s best Sauvignon Blanc vineyard sites. New Zealand expert Steve Smith, MW, sourced grapes from Marlborough on the south island for round and full juicy nectarine and grapefruit flavors, and from Martinborough on the north island to add richness and citrus/lime flavors. Grapes are destemmed, pressed and cold-settled overnight. Cool fermentation is carried out in stainless steel tanks to capture fruit purity. Aged on fine lees for four months to add weight and richness, the lots are then blended, gently fined and filtered.
San Francisco International Wine Competition2017 vintage
New York International Wine Competition2017 vintage
A cool spring was followed by an average, dry start to the summer. There was record rainfall in some of the most important grape-growing regions like Marlborough. Thankfully the dry summer helped with ripening and harvest conditions.
Pale lemon straw with a green hue. Vibrant aromas of fresh lemons and limes, green apple, thai basil and a touch of floral honey. Slides across the palate seamlessly with crisp fresh fruit notes.
Ideally suited to fresh seafood, salads, citrus-sauced dishes, ocean voyages and park blanket reconnaissance.
GRAPES: 100% Sauvignon Blanc
APPELLATION: Marlborough and Martinborough
ACIDITY: 7.20 g/l
AGING: 4 months stainless steel
RESIDUAL SUGAR: 3.2 g/l
points of distinction
- Grapes sourced from two prized growing regions for Sauvignon Blanc; Marlborough for round, full flavors and Martinborough for rich, citrus flavors
- Vinified in stainless steel, not oak, giving the wine a fresh, crisp character
- Screw cap closure is practical, environmentally friendly and well-suited for wines meant to be enjoyed on release
- Lower Carbon Footprint: Certified Sustainable practices, lightweight glass, and local sustainable printer
- quick view Certified Sustainable, Organic or Biodynamic Green Certified The Seeker Red Blend
- quick view The Seeker Riesling
- quick view The Seeker Chardonnay
- quick view The Seeker Rosé
- quick view The Seeker Pinot Noir
- quick view Certified Sustainable, Organic or Biodynamic Green Certified The Seeker Cabernet Sauvignon
- quick view The Seeker Malbec
- quick view The Seeker Pinot Grigio