Pinot Noir 2019
/ Puy de Dôme & Méditerranée
Grapes: 100% Pinot Noir
These Pinot Noir grapes were discovered in two ideal regions of France, Puy de Dôme and Méditerranée. Both feature vines 15-40 years old in high-altitude vineyard sites near the 45th parallel. Hot days and cold nights bestow delicacy and finesse, as in Burgundy. Master Blender Jean-Pierre Rodet rejected hundreds of lots to find the perfect grapes to craft this luscious Pinot Noir. Grapes are destemmed before undergoing a cold maceration at 43 - 46°F for 5-7 days to extract delicate fruit notes, very unusual for a Vin de Pays. Fermentation occurs in open-top barrels for a long 15-20 days, followed by malolactic fermentation and maturation in tank on light lees. This wine’s bright, fruity character is preserved by the absence of oak.
Blue Lifestyle2017 vintage
New York International Wine Competition2016 vintage
A very hot summer resulted in record breaking temperatures in June and July, followed by rains in August which helped slow ripening. The harvest turned out ripe and healthy grapes in the best areas.
Full of red fruit and spice, this wine showcases Pinot Noir’s signature silky texture and food-friendliness. Sweet cherry fruit melds with earth and spice, balanced acidity and ripe, fine tannin, giving a long, smooth finish.
Well-suited to pastas, pizza, or BBQ.
GRAPES: 100% Pinot Noir
APPELLATION: Vin de Pays (France)
ACIDITY: 3.02 g/L
AGING: 8 days maceration in stainless steel temperature controlled vats. Aged on fine lees during the entire process
points of distinction
- Made by a 10th-generation family winery
- Lower Carbon Footprint: Sustainable farming
- Pinot Noir grapes are sourced from the ideal Puy de Dôme and Méditerranée regions
- Screw cap closure is practical, environmentally friendly
- Made with the Burgundian method, at a higher quality level than Vin de Pays
- quick view Certified Sustainable, Organic or Biodynamic Green Certified The Seeker Red Blend
- quick view Certified Sustainable, Organic or Biodynamic Green Certified The Seeker Sauvignon Blanc
- quick view The Seeker Riesling
- quick view The Seeker Chardonnay
- quick view The Seeker Rosé
- quick view Certified Sustainable, Organic or Biodynamic Green Certified The Seeker Cabernet Sauvignon
- quick view The Seeker Malbec
- quick view The Seeker Pinot Grigio