Malbec Mendoza Argentina 2015
Grapes: 100% Malbec
These grapes were discovered at altitude in some of Mendoza’s best terroir, including the Agrelo and Vistaflores subregions. Vineyards are planted at high density in the foothills of the Andes Mountains, starting above 900 meters (2,953 feet), where altitude and sandy soil result in lower yields and a cooler climate for balanced wines. Grapes are handpicked, destemmed and manually sorted, with only perfectly ripe fruit contributing to Winemaker Didier Debono’s luscious Malbec. Cold maceration takes place in stainless steel tanks at 43 - 46°F for four to five days to extract aromatic precursors. Post-fermentation maceration lasts from 7 to 10 days, followed by malolactic fermentation. The wine is aged in French oak, followed by a period in bottle before release.
New York International Wine Competition2015 vintage
The Seeker Malbec has an intense aroma of red fruit, especially plums, with hints of vanilla and a subtle hint of coffee. In the mouth is young, brash and lively. The fruit and the wood is perceived through its sweet and round tannins.
Perfectly matched to cured or grilled meats, game, Cajun, and Indian takeout. The perfect companion to spicy foods.
GRAPES: 100% Malbec
ACIDITY: 6.55 g/l
RESIDUAL SUGAR: 2.80 g/l
points of distinction
- From high-altitude sites in Mendoza’s finest winegrowing zones
- Lower Carbon Footprint: Sustainable practices in the vineyards and winery, lightweight glass, and local sustainable printer
- Screw cap closure is practical, environmentally friendly and well-suited for wines meant to be enjoyed on release
- quick view Certified Sustainable, Organic or Biodynamic Green Certified The Seeker Red Blend
- quick view Certified Sustainable, Organic or Biodynamic Green Certified The Seeker Sauvignon Blanc
- quick view The Seeker Riesling
- quick view The Seeker Chardonnay
- quick view The Seeker Rosé
- quick view The Seeker Pinot Noir
- quick view Certified Sustainable, Organic or Biodynamic Green Certified The Seeker Cabernet Sauvignon
- quick view The Seeker Pinot Grigio