Malbec Mendoza Argentina 2014
Grapes: 100% Malbec
These grapes were discovered at altitude in some of Mendoza’s best terroir, including the Agrelo and Vistaflores subregions. Vineyards are planted at high density in the foothills of the Andes Mountains, starting above 975 meters (3,200 feet), where altitude and sandy soil result in lower yields and a cooler climate for balanced wines. Grapes are handpicked, destemmed and manually sorted, with only perfectly ripe fruit contributing to Winemaker Didier Debono’s luscious Malbec. Cold maceration takes place in stainless steel tanks at 43 - 46°F for four to five days to extract aromatic precursors. Post-fermentation maceration lasts from 7 to 10 days, followed by malolactic fermentation. The wine is aged in French oak, followed by a period in bottle before release.
San Diego International Wine Competition2014 vintage
Intense aromas of red fruit and plums, with hints of vanilla and a subtle coffee notes. Young, brash and lively on the palate. The fruit and a touch of oak is perceived through its sweet and round tannins.
Perfectly matched to cured or grilled meats, game, Cajun, and Indian takeout. The perfect companion to spicy foods.
GRAPES: 100% Malbec
ACIDITY: 5.80 g/l
RESIDUAL SUGAR: 2.50 g/l
points of distinction
- From high-altitude sites in Mendoza’s finest winegrowing zones
- Lower Carbon Footprint: Sustainable practices in the vineyards and winery, lightweight glass, and local sustainable printer
- Natural cork closure
- quick view Certified Sustainable, Organic or Biodynamic Green Certified The Seeker Red Blend
- quick view Certified Sustainable, Organic or Biodynamic Green Certified The Seeker Sauvignon Blanc
- quick view The Seeker Riesling
- quick view The Seeker Chardonnay
- quick view The Seeker Rosé
- quick view The Seeker Pinot Noir
- quick view Certified Sustainable, Organic or Biodynamic Green Certified The Seeker Cabernet Sauvignon
- quick view The Seeker Pinot Grigio