Select parcels in the Tenuta di Nozzole estate are dedicated to Villa Nozzole Chianti Classico. Located in the heart of the Chianti Classico region, this family estate dates back to the 1200s. Crafted with a fruit-forward, New World character, Villa Nozzole Chianti is ready to drink upon release. Extended aging of 12 months in large Slavonian oak casks provides additional roundness and depth.
The 2016 harvest was a winemakers dream in terms of quality. Quantity however was down from the previous season due to a rough growing season. The season saw cooler then average temperatures that led to a slight reduction in yields. This was followed by a very warm and dry summer - with only one rainfall in August to help the vines. Harvesting began in the beginning of October and the resulting wines have wonderful flavors with exceptional profiles.
Generous flavors of cherry and fresh red fruits. Soft tannins and a long finish.
Pairs well with various meats, poultry and cheeses.
APPELLATION: Chianti Classico DOCG
ACIDITY: 5.0 g/l
AGING: Extended aging of 12 months in large Slavonian oak casks provides additional roundness and depth.
points of distinction
- A fruit-forward, New World style Chianti from a highly regarded estate
- Matured for 12 months in French oak barrels for increased complexity
about the grape +
Sangiovese has aromas of black cherries with alluring wood, smoke, tar and herbal notes. The best wines made from this grape have incredible complexity, depth, finesse and power.
On land that has supported winegrapes for seven centuries, Tenuta di Nozzole produces wines that respect both tradition and innovation.
- quick view new Tenuta di Nozzole Chianti Classico Gran Selezione DOCG
- quick view Tenuta di Nozzole Il Pareto Toscana IGT
- quick view Tenuta di Nozzole La Forra Chianti Classico Riserva DOCG
- quick view Tenuta di Nozzole Chianti Classico Riserva DOCG
- quick view Tenuta di Nozzole Le Bruniche Chardonnay Toscana IGT