Grapes: Sangiovese, Merlot
Select parcels in the Tenuta di Nozzole estate are dedicated to Villa Nozzole Chianti Classico. Located in the heart of the Chianti Classico region, this family estate dates back to the 1200s. Crafted with a fruit-forward, New World character, Villa Nozzole Chianti is ready to drink upon release. Extended aging of 12 months in large Slavonian oak casks provides additional roundness and depth.
Wine Spectator2015 vintage
2015 was a wonderful growing season, with sunny skies and plenty of warmth, but also cooler evenings that helped to keep the fruit balanced. The year started off chilly, but saw a mild and rainy spring. This proved crucial to refilling groundwater supplies for the hot summer days ahead. More rain in mid-August refreshed the vines for the final stages of ripening. This led to the an excellent quality of grapes.
Generous flavors of cherry and fresh red fruits our Sangiovese is well integrated with soft tannins and a long finish.
Pairs well with various meats, poultry and cheeses.
GRAPES: Sangiovese, Merlot
APPELLATION: Chianti Classico DOCG
points of distinction
- A fruit-forward, New World style Chianti from a highly regarded estate
- Matured for 12 months in French oak barrels for increased complexity
about the grape +
Sangiovese has aromas of black cherries with alluring wood, smoke, tar and herbal notes. The best wines made from this grape have incredible complexity, depth, finesse and power.
On land that has supported winegrapes for seven centuries, Tenuta di Nozzole produces wines that respect both tradition and innovation.
- quick view new Tenuta di Nozzole Chianti Classico Gran Selezione DOCG
- quick view Tenuta di Nozzole Il Pareto Toscana IGT
- quick view Tenuta di Nozzole La Forra Chianti Classico Riserva DOCG
- quick view Tenuta di Nozzole Chianti Classico Riserva DOCG
- quick view Tenuta di Nozzole Le Bruniche Chardonnay Toscana IGT