/ Emilia Romagna
/ Reggio Emilia
Grapes: 100% Lambrusco Salamnio
Concerto is the world’s first single vineyard vintage Lambrusco. A sparkling dry red wine, its lively bubbles are achieved through natural fermentation. Grapes from the prestigious Tenuta La Rampata vineyard are farmed organically on Cordone Speronato (cordon trained and spur pruned) vines in clay soil with highly limited yields. The wine is best served at a temperature of 57 to 59 degrees Fahrenheit and should be consumed within two years of vintage.
Planet Grape2020 vintage
During an encouraging warm and sunny April, the Medici vines began to awaken. Although the late spring saw more rainfall than usual, budbreak occurred on schedule in May and the vines continued to thrive through the spring without incident. Luckily the rainy weather ceased by mid June and the hot, dry summer allowed for excellent and very healthy grape maturation. The Lambrusco Salamino grapes were picked beginning in late September and picking continued into early October. Overall the 2020 harvest can be heralded as an excellent harvest, with above average quality and good yields. The wines are particular fine and elegant with a harmonious aromatic profile and intense colors rich in voluet nuances for the reds. The quality of the land and biodiversity is very high, the grapes are healthy and the organically farmed vineyard is thriving.
Intensely brilliant and pure in both its ruby red color and aromatics, the wine shows a fresh strawberry, raspberry and cherry character. On the palate, dry yet fruity, round, fresh and lively notes are delectably harmonious. Acidity and tannins are perfectly balanced and the finish is clean.
Delicious with cured pork meats such as salami or mortadella or a variety of pasta dishes such as tortellini or lasagna.
GRAPES: 100% Lambrusco Salamnio
APPELLATION: Reggiano Lambrusco DOC
ACIDITY: 8 g/l
points of distinction
- Farmed sustainably for decades, Concerto is now farmed organically.
- The world's first single vineyard Lambrusco.
- Highly acclaimed by international wine media (Tre Bicchieri for 12 years running).
- 130 year old, 5th generation family winery
about the grape +
Well-made Lambrusco can be refreshingly dry, with a lovely fragrance of red fruit and violets, a medium-bodied palate of fresh strawberries, a gentle spritz and a slight bitter almond finish.
– Otello Venturelli, Winemaker
In perfect harmony with an area that maintains strong, solid links with its superb food and wine traditions, the Medici family takes the utmost care to ensure that only the very finest grapes are selected before being turned into first-class wine using the most modern technologies available.
- quick view Medici Ermete Solo Reggiano Rosso DOC
- quick view Medici Ermete Quercioli Secco Reggiano Lambrusco DOC
- quick view Medici Ermete Quercioli Dolce Reggiano Lambrusco DOC
- quick view Medici Ermete Quercioli Rosato Dolce Lambrusco DOC
- quick view Medici Ermete Phermento Lambrusco Secco Methodo Ancestrale
- quick view Medici Ermete Daphne Malvasia Secco DOC