Rosé di Neré IGP 2020
Grapes: 100% Nero D'Avola
Nero d’Avola vines are 25-30 years old, planted with a southern exposure at 80 meters above sea level. Yields are 6.6 tons/acre, to encourage aromatic depth and flavor complexity. In the spring, the vines are pruned to one bud per plant, and in June/July, a green harvest eliminates lesser grapes. Twenty days prior to harvest, there's an additional cluster thinning, or a selection of the best grapes in the bunch. To develop superior aromas and texture, the wine is aged in steel tanks rather than oak to retain the grape's fresh, crisp and fruity characters.
Rosè di Nere' is an elegant wine characterised by its pale rosé colour and subtle peach highlights. Intense, with immediate freshness and a bouquet of ripe, elegant fruit. In the mouth, the wine is enveloping and well-rounded with citrus notes of pink grapefruit. Very long and beautiful finish.
GRAPES: 100% Nero D'Avola
APPELLATION: Terre Siciliane IGP
ACIDITY: 6.8 g/l
AGING: 2.5 g/l
points of distinction
- Great freshness comes from maritime influence of this southern Italian terroir
- Outstanding expression of fruit derived from Nero d’Avola varietal
- Incredibly versatile and pleasant on any occasion
about the grape +
Nero d’Avola produces deep-colored wines that have wild cherry and plum, dark chocolate and earthy aromas and flavors, good minerality and acidity, and a high level of tannins.
Feudo Maccari was painstakingly assembled from numerous owners and more than 50 separate plots on the southerly hillsides near the town of Noto.
- quick view Feudo Maccari Mahâris Sicilia DOP
- quick view Feudo Maccari Saia Sicilia DOP
- quick view Feudo Maccari Neré Nero d’Avola DOP
- quick view Feudo Maccari Olli Grillo DOP
- quick view Feudo Maccari Contrada Santo Spirito Animardente Etna DOC
- quick view Feudo Maccari Contrada Santo Spirito Animalucente Etna DOC