Grapes: 100% Chardonnay
The Pouilly-Fuissé is a blend of only the best vineyard parcels with ten to thirty five-year-old vines from the Fuissé amphitheater and soils composed of limestone and clay. Each parcel was vinified separately to ensure the finest expression of the fruit. Half the wine was fermented in enameled tanks and half in two to four-year-old oak barrels. The wine was aged for ten months on lees in French oak barrels, not new, from Tronçais, Vosges and Nevers stave wood.
Tasting Panel2018 vintage
View From The Cellar2018 vintage
2018 was one of the latest harvest in Ferret history. The growing season was turbulent and extremely hot & dry. The eventual harvest required particular attention to each terroir to achieve optimum ripeness.
A pleasing balance between weight and freshness. Good tension and restrained fruit, promising characteristics in a wine during this sunny vintage.
Shellfish and molluscs, seafood risotto, grilled or pan-fried fish, veal cutlets with creamy sauces, goat's cheeses and hard cow's milk cheeses.
GRAPES: 100% Chardonnay
AGING: In enamel-lined tanks and oak casks
MALOLACTIC FERMENTATION: Yes
RESIDUAL SUGAR: 0.9 g/l
points of distinction
- The perfect Ambassador for the Pouilly-Fuissé appellation
- Complex assemblage of multiple terroirs and distinct subsoil types
- Opulent and ripe yet also refined and precise
- This domaine has been a historic leader and reference point estate for over 100 years
- Throughout its history Domaine Ferret has been led by innovative female directors
about the grape +
Though it has a distinctive profile, Chardonnay reflects other factors such as soil composition and vinification technique. Chardonnay is a reliable, hardy and prolific vine whose only real vulnerabilities are frost and uneven development of fruit.
– Audrey Braccini, Winemaker
“Wine is the most beautiful and noble form of expression.”
- quick view Domaine Ferret Pouilly-Fuissé Autour de la Roche
- quick view Domaine Ferret Pouilly-Fuissé Clos des Prouges
- quick view Domaine Ferret Pouilly-Fuissé Tête de Cru Le Clos
- quick view Domaine Ferret Pouilly-Fuissé Tête de Cru Les Perrières
- quick view Domaine Ferret Pouilly-Fuissé Hors-Classe Les Ménétrières
- quick view Domaine Ferret Pouilly-Fuissé Hors-Classe Tournant de Pouilly