Ultra Brut 2016
Grapes: 57% Estate Grown Chardonnay, 43% Estate Grown Pinot Noir
Ultra Brut is a style of Sparkling wine that very dry and brisk. It is a contemplative wine that on flawless balance and appeals to the true aficionado.
Wine Spectator2016 vintage
Sunset International Wine Competition2016 vintage
Our growing season in 2016, in many ways, mirrored that of 2015. An early harvest began on August 1st and continued through August 14th for sparkling wine grapes. The accumulation of growing degree days tracked quite consistently between 2016 and 2015 although with slightly higher yields. The personality of the vintage seems to be a theme of brightness an concentration.
Our 2016 vintage is a serious, expressive wine with a focused freshness and exceptionally long finish. A mélange of of fresh cut flowers, key lime, ginger, and honeydew melon on the nose leads to a dry, brisk, beautifully balanced palate of green apple, blanched almond, yuzu, and a touch of mandarin. With a surprising mouthwatering complexity, its bright, crisp fruit and dusty minerality ride on a serious structure, the persistent, palate-cleansing finish lingering on.
GRAPES: 57% Estate Grown Chardonnay, 43% Estate Grown Pinot Noir
ACIDITY: 0.78 g/l
AGING: Aged 3 1/2 years in our cellar
points of distinction
- 100% organically grown estate fruit from the cool-climate Carneros region
- Made in the méthode traditionnelle, as used in French Champagne
- Lengthy aging time yields fine, pinpoint bubbles, toasty aroma and rich texture
about the grape +
Though it has a distinctive profile, Chardonnay reflects other factors such as soil composition and vinification technique. Chardonnay is a reliable, hardy and prolific vine whose only real vulnerabilities are frost and uneven development of fruit.
In France, makes a silky, deceptively powerful wine of elegant, complex aromas and subtle, red fruit flavors, with earthy, floral, mushroom and mineral notes. In California, shows ripe, sweet characters.
– Founding Winemaker
“The first obligation of any wine is to be delicious.”
- quick view Domaine Carneros Brut Vintage Cuvée
- quick view Certified Sustainable, Organic or Biodynamic Green Certified Domaine Carneros Brut Rosé Cuvée de la Pompadour
- quick view Certified Sustainable, Organic or Biodynamic Green Certified Domaine Carneros Estate Pinot Noir
- quick view Certified Sustainable, Organic or Biodynamic Green Certified Domaine Carneros Le Rêve Blanc de Blancs