Brut Vintage Cuvée 2015
Grapes: 51% Chardonnay, 47% Pinot Noir, and 2% Pinot Gris
The Vintage Brut Cuvée is the signature wine of Domaine Carneros. It encompasses the widest range of estate clones and vineyard blocks of the winery’s collection. The tapestry of flavors that result, married with the inherent finesse of the cool Carneros fruit, create wines of depth and complexity that are enhanced by a minimum of three years of bottle age sur lie in the cellar before release.
Sunset International Wine Competition2015 vintage
Hilton Head Food & Wine Competition2015 vintage
2015 began with early bud break, in which we braced ourselves for an early harvest. We began the Sparkling harvest on July 31- the second time ever we have harvested Sparkling in July. The light yields resulted in nice concentration and power, our winemaker rating it an A+ vintage.
This very focused and elegant wine displays lovely notes of key lime, honeycomb, and lemon curd. This round wine displays a palate with hints of lime blossom, baked pear, and lemon meringue, resulting in a creamy texture and a long ﬁnish.
GRAPES: 51% Chardonnay, 47% Pinot Noir, and 2% Pinot Gris
ACIDITY: 0.7 g/l
AGING: Aged a full three and a half years in a cellar to enhance complexity and development. With proper cellaring, this wine will develop further for decades, but only if you can wait to open.
points of distinction
- Made primarily from estate-grown, green certified Pinot Noir and Chardonnay grapes.
- Aged in the bottle for 3 years, yielding a toasty aroma and fine, pinpoint bubbles.
about the grape +
Though it has a distinctive profile, Chardonnay reflects other factors such as soil composition and vinification technique. Chardonnay is a reliable, hardy and prolific vine whose only real vulnerabilities are frost and uneven development of fruit.
In France, makes a silky, deceptively powerful wine of elegant, complex aromas and subtle, red fruit flavors, with earthy, floral, mushroom and mineral notes. In California, shows ripe, sweet characters.
– Eileen Crane, CEO and Founding Winemaker
“The first obligation of any wine is to be delicious.”
- quick view Certified Sustainable, Organic or Biodynamic Green Certified Domaine Carneros Brut Rosé Cuvée de la Pompadour
- quick view Certified Sustainable, Organic or Biodynamic Green Certified Domaine Carneros Estate Pinot Noir
- quick view Certified Sustainable, Organic or Biodynamic Green Certified Domaine Carneros Le Rêve Blanc de Blancs