Te Muna Road Vineyard Pinot Noir 2013
Grapes: 100% Pinot Noir
In the cool-climate region of Martinborough, the 81.5 acres terraced Te Muna Road Vineyard is planted with eight clones of Pinot Noir in more than 40 different parcels. On the vineyard’s two distinct terraces, stony soils produce exceptional Pinot Noir. Grapes were hand harvested and destemmed before undergoing fermentation in a combination of open-top stainless steel tanks and French oak cuves. The wine matured for 10 months on the lees in French oak barriques.
Wine Enthusiast2013 vintage
The Wine Odyssey2013 vintage
2013 was a very kind growing season. A warm and dry spring created rapid early vine growth stages and flowering. Fruit setting conditions were close to ideal with nice and even berry development and moderate bunch sizes established. A warm and dry summer lead to drought which was broken by significant rainfall in early February and mid-March. These events created some fruit stress but the surrounding dry periods kept issues at bay. The harvest took place during a condensed warm and dry period starting on the 30th of March. The Pinot Noir is intense and generous with long fine tannins and strong aging potential.
Deep brick red colour. Vibrant aromatics of red and black cherries, rose petal, sandalwood and wet earth. On the palate, fresh red fruits and fi ne dry tannins provide a soft yet complex finish.
Game and lamb dishes.
GRAPES: 100% Pinot Noir
ACIDITY: 4.60 g/l
RESIDUAL SUGAR: Nil
points of distinction
- Distinct, higher vineyard terrace with old, stony soils yields impeccable Pinot Noir
- The higher-elevation Te Muna Road Vineyard is harvested about a week later than nearby sites; grapes have greater freshness and acidity
- Single-vineyard Pinot Noir with complex, subtle fruit and very good length
about the grape +
In France, makes a silky, deceptively powerful wine of elegant, complex aromas and subtle, red fruit flavors, with earthy, floral, mushroom and mineral notes. In California, shows ripe, sweet characters.
– Julian Grounds, Winemaker
I am fortunate to lead an extraordinary group of people who want to be part of creating something truly magnificent that successive generations can admire and enjoy for years to come. I love our great estates and feel a strong connection to their complexities and subtleties.
- quick view Certified Sustainable, Organic or Biodynamic Green Certified Craggy Range Martinborough Pinot Noir
- quick view Certified Sustainable, Organic or Biodynamic Green Certified Craggy Range Aroha Pinot Noir
- quick view Certified Sustainable, Organic or Biodynamic Green Certified Craggy Range Te Muna Sauvignon Blanc
- quick view Certified Sustainable, Organic or Biodynamic Green Certified Craggy Range Kidnappers Vineyard Chardonnay
- quick view Certified Sustainable, Organic or Biodynamic Green Certified Craggy Range Te Kahu Gimblett Gravels Vineyard
- quick view Certified Sustainable, Organic or Biodynamic Green Certified Craggy Range Sophia Gimblett Gravels Vineyard
- quick view Certified Sustainable, Organic or Biodynamic Green Certified Craggy Range Le Sol Gimblett Gravels Vineyard
- quick view new Craggy Range Martinborough Sauvignon Blanc