Grapes: 100% Gamay
Atop the hierarchy of Beaujolais Crus are Moulin-à-Vent and Morgon, with notable aging potential. Often called the most “Burgundian” cru, Moulin-à-Vent shows complexity, finesse and length, while Morgon is the most robust and structured. Château des Jacques Moulin-à-Vent can age at least 10-20 years; Morgon can mature a minimum 5-20 years. Purchased by Maison Louis Jadot in 2001, this south- to southeast-facing vineyard is situated on the slopes over the village of Villié Morgon. It covers 87.5 acres of the Morgon appellation, one of the 10 crus of Beaujolais. After vinification, the wine is matured in oak barrels before bottling.
Wine Spectator2014 vintage
View From The Cellar2014 vintage
The 2014 growing season got off to a great start in Burgundy and finished strong, though July and August were rainy and cool. After a mild winter, spring was dry and warm. Flowering was early. High temperatures caused some millerandage (a combination of normal berries and small, seedless berries with thick skins.) Conditions were very dry until a big hailstorm in June. Fine weather returned in September, and warm temperatures ripened the grapes rapidly. In the end there was no rot and moderate sorting, mostly where hail had damaged some grapes. The Beaujolais shows good colors and ripe fruit flavors.
A deep cherry color with red fruit aromas and flavors, typically high acidity and notable tannic structure.
A perfect partner for charcuterie, Italian foods and red and white meats.
GRAPES: 100% Gamay
ACIDITY: 3.40 g/l
points of distinction
- Morgon is one of the 10 crus of Beaujolais.
- The wine matures for eight months in oak barrels, unusual for Beaujolais.
- Can be enjoyed immediately or cellared for 10 years or more.
about the grape +
Gamay is loaded with bright, plump raspberry and cherry fruit, with notes of black pepper.
– Cyril Chirouze, Winemaker
“A good wine is a drink that tastes good; a great wine is alive.”
- quick view Château des Jacques Fleurie
- quick view Château des Jacques Moulin-à-Vent
- quick view Château des Jacques Moulin-à-Vent Clos des Thorins
- quick view Château des Jacques Moulin-à-Vent La Roche
- quick view Château des Jacques Moulin-à-Vent Clos du Grand Carquelin
- quick view Château des Jacques Moulin-à-Vent Clos de Rochegrès
- quick view Château des Jacques Morgon Côte du Py