Grapes: 100% Gamay
Atop the hierarchy of Beaujolais Crus are Moulin-à-Vent and Morgon, with notable aging potential. Often called the most “Burgundian” cru, Moulin-à-Vent shows complexity, finesse and length, while Morgon is the most robust and structured. Château des Jacques Moulin-à-Vent can age at least 10-20 years; Morgon can mature a minimum 5-20 years. Purchased by Maison Louis Jadot in 2001, this south- to southeast-facing vineyard is situated on the slopes over the village of Villié Morgon. It covers 87.5 acres of the Morgon appellation, one of the 10 crus of Beaujolais. After vinification, the wine is matured in oak barrels before bottling.
Wine & Spirits2013 vintage
The 2013 harvest happened two to three weeks later than in recent years. This was due to France’s cool and rainy spring, which delayed flowering until mid- to late June. Grapes were harvested in late September and into October, when temperatures were cooler and daylight hours shorter. Due to the conditions of the growing season and harvest, Beaujolais wines seem to have a little bit more grip and length than is typical for the wine.
A deep cherry color with red fruit aromas and flavors, typically high acidity and notable tannic structure.
A perfect partner for charcuterie, Italian foods and red and white meats.
GRAPES: 100% Gamay
ACIDITY: 3.40 g/l
points of distinction
- Morgon is one of the 10 crus of Beaujolais.
- The wine matures for eight months in oak barrels, unusual for Beaujolais.
- Can be enjoyed immediately or cellared for 10 years or more.
about the grape +
Gamay is loaded with bright, plump raspberry and cherry fruit, with notes of black pepper.
– Cyril Chirouze, Winemaker
“A good wine is a drink that tastes good; a great wine is alive.”
- quick view Château des Jacques Fleurie
- quick view Château des Jacques Moulin-à-Vent
- quick view Château des Jacques Moulin-à-Vent Clos des Thorins
- quick view Château des Jacques Moulin-à-Vent La Roche
- quick view Château des Jacques Moulin-à-Vent Clos du Grand Carquelin
- quick view Château des Jacques Moulin-à-Vent Clos de Rochegrès
- quick view Château des Jacques Morgon Côte du Py