/ Burgundy Beaujolais
Grapes: 100% Gamay
Sourced from top vineyards throughout the Fleurie Appellation and then pressed and blended with only the top clusters. Fleurie is one of the 10 ‘Crus' of the Beaujolais between Villefranche sur Saône and Mâcon. The Fleurie is vinified with semi-carbonic maceration (12-20 days) with pumping of the cap and respect of the intactness of the grape cluster.
Wine & Spirits2015 vintage
The 2015 growing season featured steady warmth and a series of heat spikes, with nighttime temperatures remaining mostly moderate. The harvest began on August 24, as the last days of that month brought another heat wave. While similar previous vintages did not produce great wines, 2015 saw grapes that had great structure and complexity that will allow the wines to age well with classic notes of black fruit and kirsch.
With a beautiful deep cherry color and red fruit aromas, this Fleurie is nicely structured with non aggressive tannins that will permit a several years ageing. It is a very elegant wine.
It will perfectly accompany red meats as well as cheeses (goat cheese in particular.)
GRAPES: 100% Gamay
ACIDITY: 3.40 g/l
points of distinction
- It can be enjoyed quite young but will age very well for 3 or 4 years
about the grape +
Gamay is loaded with bright, plump raspberry and cherry fruit, with notes of black pepper.
– Cyril Chirouze, Winemaker
“A good wine is a drink that tastes good; a great wine is alive.”
- quick view Château des Jacques Moulin-à-Vent
- quick view Château des Jacques Moulin-à-Vent Clos des Thorins
- quick view Château des Jacques Moulin-à-Vent La Roche
- quick view Château des Jacques Moulin-à-Vent Clos du Grand Carquelin
- quick view Château des Jacques Moulin-à-Vent Clos de Rochegrès
- quick view Château des Jacques Morgon
- quick view Château des Jacques Morgon Côte du Py