Grapes: 100% Chardonnay
AVAILABLE MARKET - Florida
Made in collaboration with Jean-Marc Roulet of Domaine Roulot in Meursault, this single vineyard Chardonnay is produced from 40-year old vines planted in mineral soils with alluvial stones covered in calcaire. To capture the truest expression of the vineyard and terroir, the wine is vinified in a mixture of concrete and stainless steel tanks, as well as used, neutral French oak barrels. The wine is made 100% organically and biodynamically.
The 2019 vintage will go down as one of the best vintages of the decade with red wines showing outstanding quality. In general, the wines of the vintage should be classified as very good to excellent quality. After a notably cool and dry spring, the cool temperatures and dry conditions continued throughout the growing season, allowing the grapes to hang on the vine and ripen 1-3 weeks longer than normal. This prolonged growing season allowed the grapes to ripen slowly and evenly, with the cool temperatures and dry conditions producing lower yields. The result was a great balance between aromatic expression and concentration of color and tannins. The wines display elegance and balance with fresh acidity and superb aging potential.
The wine is intense, energetic, high pitched, and lively. On the palate, it is round, austere, refined and mineral-driven. It has a dry mouthfeel and a saltiness that is natural to the Rio Negro area of Patagonia.
Pairs well with glazed salmon, butter poached scallops, frisee aux lardons, and aged, nutty cheeses.
GRAPES: 100% Chardonnay
ACIDITY: 5.1 g/l
AGING: 20% in concrete, 15% in stainless steel tanks and 20% in used french oak barrels for 10 months
points of distinction
- Made in collaboration with Jean-Marc Roulot of Domaine Roulot in Burgundy.
- Chardonnay comes from 40-year-old vines planted in alluvial and calcareous soils.
- 15% of wine aged in 1st-use French oak barrels, 85% aged in 2nd and 3rd use barrels.
- A 100% biodynamic and 100% certified organic Chardonnay
about the grape +
Though it has a distinctive profile, Chardonnay reflects other factors such as soil composition and vinification technique. Chardonnay is a reliable, hardy and prolific vine whose only real vulnerabilities are frost and uneven development of fruit.
– Piero Incisa della Rocchetta, Owner
“I wanted to make pure, authentic Pinot Noir with its own special character—and then I found these forgotten, old vines in Patagonia….”
- quick view Certified Sustainable, Organic or Biodynamic Green Certified Chacra Lunita Pinot Noir
- quick view Certified Sustainable, Organic or Biodynamic Green Certified Chacra Barda
- quick view Certified Sustainable, Organic or Biodynamic Green Certified Chacra Mainqué Chardonnay
- quick view Certified Sustainable, Organic or Biodynamic Green Certified Chacra Cincuenta y Cinco Pinot Noir
- quick view Chacra Treinta y Dos Pinot Noir