Terroir Selection Malbec 2018
Grapes: 100% Malbec
Terroir Selection Malbec is made from a blend of four vineyards in Lujan de Cujo and Valle de Uco, each bringing different characteristics to the wine. Lujan de Cujo contributes elements of ripe, mouth filling fruit that is very long on the palate, while Valle de Uco supplies strength and young, primary fruit aromas and roundness in the mouth. Terroir Selection Malbec is aged in French oak barrels (new, two- and three-year old) for 12 months.
Wine Spectator2018 vintage
Each lot and terroir is manually harvested when an optimal grape maturity is reached. Clusters are taken to the winery and refrigerated at 50 degrees Fahrenheit before being processed. Then they are manually sorted, destemmed and run off by gravity into small, concrete tanks. A short cold maceration is followed by alcoholic fermentation including délestage to facilitate extraction of color, flavor and tannins. After a long maceration to let each terroir express their own personality, the vinification process is over. The wine is run off into barrels to initiate the aging process. Malbec wines are kept separately until assemblage is carried out seeking the perfect balance.
Deep purple with hints of black. On the nose, blackerries with plum aromas and a touch of black pepper and licorice. Subtle aromas of caramel and vanilla. A full bodied Malbec with sweet tannins. It is recommended to decant and drink cold. Can be cellared for up to 8 years.
GRAPES: 100% Malbec
ACIDITY: 6.30 g/l
AGING: Aged in French oak barrels (new, two- and three-year old) for 12 months.
points of distinction
- Low yields of only 1 bottle per vine
- Blend of best terroirs: Luján de Cuyo, and Valle de Uco
- Average rating 90/91 from major publications since vintage 2002
about the grape +
Well-made Malbec is a dark, perfumed wine with rich, blackberry and damson plum fruit, aromas of violets and tobacco, and ripe, juicy tannins. In France, may be mineral, structured and austere.
Alta Vista's Terroir Expression Winemakers® became the first in Argentina to produce single vineyard Malbec wines, each representing the unique characteristics of their high elevation, estate vineyards.
- quick view Alta Vista Atemporal Blend
- quick view Alta Vista Alto
- quick view Alta Vista Single Vineyard Alizarine
- quick view Alta Vista Single Vineyard Serenade
- quick view Alta Vista Single Vineyard Temis
- quick view Alta Vista Estate Malbec
- quick view Alta Vista Estate Cabernet Sauvignon
- quick view Alta Vista Estate Torrontés
- quick view Alta Vista Vive Malbec Rosé
- quick view Alta Vista Vive Malbec
- quick view Alta Vista Vive Cabernet Sauvignon
- quick view Alta Vista Brut Rosé of Malbec
- quick view Alta Vista Brut Rosé
- quick view Alta Vista Brut Blanc de Blancs
- quick view Alta Vista Brut Nature