Terroir Selection Malbec 2015
Grapes: 100% Malbec
Terroir Selection Malbec is made from a blend of five vineyards in Lujan de Cujo and Valle de Uco, each bringing different characteristics to the wine. Lujan de Cujo contributes elements of ripe, mouth filling fruit that is very long on the palate, while Valle de Uco supplies strength and young, primary fruit aromas and roundness in the mouth. Terroir Selection Malbec is aged in French oak barrels (1/3 new, 1/3 second use, 1/3 third use) for 12 months and an additional six months in bottle.
Wine Enthusiast2015 vintage
Ken's Wine Guide.com2015 vintage
2015 was an atypical vintage for Mendoza since it suffered sanitary pressure and higher frequency of rain and humidity. The alcohol content in wines is lower than usual and acidity levels are very convenient. The general balance of the wines is good and less ripe than usual. The results demonstrate that the intensity of aromas is above average. The concentration of the wines is on average but the great balance between alcohol and acidity gives a long and fruity finish. The general style appears to be different to 2004 due to the early harvest, which allowed us to conserve good acidity and lower alcohol. Balance seems to be the main descriptor of 2015 vintage.
Deep violet with aromas reminiscent of spices, fresh ripe fruits and animal scents. In mouth, freshness, openness, soft tannins and long finish dominate.
This wine is a great accompaniment to grilled ribeye or NY strip steak, roast fowl, and pork with herbs or Latin spices.
GRAPES: 100% Malbec
ACIDITY: 6.48 g/l
RESIDUAL SUGAR: 2.42 g/l
points of distinction
- Blend of best terroirs: Luján de Cuyo adds a ripe, mouth-filling fruit character that's very long on the palate; Valle de Uco gives bold, young primary fruit aromas and roundness in the mouth
- Low yields of only 1 bottle per vine
- Average rating 90/91 from major publications since vintage 2002
about the grape +
Well-made Malbec is a dark, perfumed wine with rich, blackberry and damson plum fruit, aromas of violets and tobacco, and ripe, juicy tannins. In France, may be mineral, structured and austere.
Alta Vista's Terroir Expression Winemakers® became the first in Argentina to produce single vineyard Malbec wines, each representing the unique characteristics of their high elevation, estate vineyards.
- quick view new Alta Vista Atemporal Blend
- quick view Alta Vista Alto
- quick view Alta Vista Single Vineyard Alizarine
- quick view Alta Vista Single Vineyard Serenade
- quick view Alta Vista Single Vineyard Temis
- quick view Alta Vista Estate Malbec
- quick view Alta Vista Estate Cabernet Sauvignon
- quick view Alta Vista Estate Torrontés
- quick view Alta Vista Vive Rosé
- quick view Alta Vista Vive Malbec
- quick view Alta Vista Vive Cabernet Sauvignon
- quick view new Alta Vista Brut Rosé of Malbec
- quick view new Alta Vista Brut Rosé
- quick view new Alta Vista Brut Blanc de Blancs
- quick view new Alta Vista Brut Nature