Terroir Selection Malbec 2014
Grapes: 100% Malbec
Terroir Selection Malbec is made from a blend of five vineyards in Lujan de Cujo and Valle de Uco, each bringing different characteristics to the wine. Lujan de Cujo contributes elements of ripe, mouth filling fruit that is very long on the palate, while Valle de Uco supplies strength and young, primary fruit aromas and roundness in the mouth. Terroir Selection Malbec is aged in French oak barrels (1/3 new, 1/3 second use, 1/3 third use) for 12 months and an additional six months in bottle.
Terroirs for Terroir Selection Malbec 2014:
65% Albaneve Vineyard - Campo de los Andes - Valle de Uco
10% Azamor Vineyard - Las Compuertas - Lujan de Cuyo
10% Alizarine Vineyard - Las Compuertas - Lujan de Cuyo
10% Temis Vineyard - El Cepillo - Valle de Uco
5% Serenade Vineyard - Alto Agrelo - Lujan de Cuyo
Tasting Panel2014 vintage
The 2014 vintage in Mendoza was late due to uncommonly cold months of February and March, after an extremely hot and dry summer. Fortunately, no hail storms damaged the vineyards this year. The Valle de Uco vineyards produced more than their historical average while Lujan de Cuyo vineyard yields were slightly down. Patience was key in achieving good maturity for the grapes, which show above average intensity of aromas and good acidity. The 2014 harvest produced very good wines.
This wine has deep purple hues. In the nose, it features spicy aromas with fresh, ripe, dark fruits. In the mouth, this wine has great freshness and openness, accompanied by soft tannins, leading into a long finish. A powerful yet elegant Malbec.
This wine is a great accompaniment to grilled ribeye or NY strip steak, roast fowl, and pork with herbs or Latin spices.
GRAPES: 100% Malbec
ACIDITY: 6.80 g/l
RESIDUAL SUGAR: 2.70 g/l
points of distinction
- Blend of best terroirs: Luján de Cuyo adds a ripe, mouth-filling fruit character that's very long on the palate; Valle de Uco gives bold, young primary fruit aromas and roundness in the mouth
- Average rating 90/91 from major publications since vintage 2002
- Low yields of only 1 bottle per vine
about the grape +
Well-made Malbec is a dark, perfumed wine with rich, blackberry and damson plum fruit, aromas of violets and tobacco, and ripe, juicy tannins. In France, may be mineral, structured and austere.
Alta Vista's Terroir Expression Winemakers® became the first in Argentina to produce single vineyard Malbec wines, each representing the unique characteristics of their high elevation, estate vineyards.
- quick view new Alta Vista Atemporal Blend
- quick view Alta Vista Alto
- quick view Alta Vista Single Vineyard Alizarine
- quick view Alta Vista Single Vineyard Serenade
- quick view Alta Vista Single Vineyard Temis
- quick view Alta Vista Estate Malbec
- quick view Alta Vista Estate Cabernet Sauvignon
- quick view Alta Vista Estate Torrontés
- quick view Alta Vista Vive Rosé
- quick view Alta Vista Vive Malbec
- quick view Alta Vista Vive Cabernet Sauvignon
- quick view new Alta Vista Brut Rosé of Malbec
- quick view new Alta Vista Brut Rosé
- quick view new Alta Vista Brut Blanc de Blancs
- quick view new Alta Vista Brut Nature