Single Vineyard Temis 2015
Grapes: 100% Malbec
In 2001, Alta Vista became the first Argentine winery to produce single vineyard wines. Alta Vista developed its Terroir Management® system for wine growing and winemaking, wherein grapes grown in distinctive sites express the true characteristics of each vineyard through distinctive wines. Similar to Single Vineyard Alizarine and Serenade, Temis is aged for 12 months in new French oak barrels and an additional 6 months in bottle before release. This vineyard is sited at over 3,000 feet in altitude in Valle de Uco, and the vines are over seventy years old. This light soil is sandy with some silt, is very permeable and has boulders and a broken layer of limestone at a depth of 2.5 feet. Traditional irrigation is fed by water from the Andes Mountains. Temis has the coldest climate of all Alta Vista’s terroirs. Nights are quite cool and days are warm and soft, with constant breezes that help to keep the vines and grapes healthy. The grapes have a slow, gradual cycle of ripeness that is balanced and ideal. Planted in 1942, the selection massale vines are characterized by small clusters with small, compact grapes. Wine from this vineyard has an expressive bouquet of fresh fruits with floral notes, and soft, suave tannins in the mouth.
Wine & Spirits2015 vintage
2015 was an atypical vintage for Mendoza since it suffered sanitary pressure and higher frequency of rain and humidity. The alcohol content in wines is lower than usual and acidity levels are very convenient. The general balance of the wines is good and less ripe than usual. The results demonstrate that the intensity of aromas is above average. The concentration of the wines is on average but the great balance between alcohol and acidity gives a long and fruity finish. The general style appears to be different to 2004 due to the early harvest, which allowed us to conserve good acidity and lower alcohol. Balance seems to be the main descriptor of 2015 vintage.
Deep red color, with aromas reminiscent of fresh fruit with floral notes. In the mouth, it is round with extremely sweet tannins and great harmony between wine and wood. Long finish.
This wine is a great match with grilled beef steak, slow-roasted lamb or veal.
GRAPES: 100% Malbec
ACIDITY: 6.08 g/l
AGING: 100% of the wine is aged in French oak barrels for 14 months
points of distinction
- Low yields of only 1 bottle per vine
- Alta Vista was first to produce single vineyard vines in Argentina
- Old vineyard planted in 1942
- Limited production
about the grape +
Well-made Malbec is a dark, perfumed wine with rich, blackberry and damson plum fruit, aromas of violets and tobacco, and ripe, juicy tannins. In France, may be mineral, structured and austere.
Alta Vista's Terroir Expression Winemakers® became the first in Argentina to produce single vineyard Malbec wines, each representing the unique characteristics of their high elevation, estate vineyards.
- quick view new Alta Vista Atemporal Blend
- quick view Alta Vista Alto
- quick view Alta Vista Single Vineyard Alizarine
- quick view Alta Vista Single Vineyard Serenade
- quick view Alta Vista Terroir Selection Malbec
- quick view Alta Vista Estate Malbec
- quick view Alta Vista Estate Cabernet Sauvignon
- quick view Alta Vista Estate Torrontés
- quick view Alta Vista Vive Rosé
- quick view Alta Vista Vive Malbec
- quick view Alta Vista Vive Cabernet Sauvignon
- quick view new Alta Vista Brut Rosé of Malbec
- quick view new Alta Vista Brut Rosé
- quick view new Alta Vista Brut Blanc de Blancs
- quick view new Alta Vista Brut Nature