Classic Malbec 2018
Grapes: 100% Malbec
Alta Vista’s Classic Malbec exhibits the true character of its grape variety. Fresh and intense, this wine’s aromas and flavors provide an excellent introduction to the fresh, fruit forward characteristics and overall quality of wines from Argentina.
Wine & Spirits2019 vintage
Wine Spectator2019 vintage
The 2018 vintage was a particularly exciting vintage with ideal growing conditions following the cooler 2016 and 2017 vintages. The growing season was warm and dry, which is more typical of an average Mendoza vintage. The temperate weather allowed for better quality, but also greater quantity of grapes as well. The grapes were able to ripen evenly and harvest took place 10-14 days ahead of the previous two vintages.
This Malbec has intense red fruit aromas, specially plums, with hints of vanilla and a subtle trace of coffee. It is young, explosive and bright in mouth. Fruit and wood flavors can be perceived thanks to its sweet and round tannins.
GRAPES: 100% Malbec
ACIDITY: 5.25 g/l
AGING: 25% of the wine is aged in French oak for 6 months
points of distinction
- Perfect introduction to the best of Argentina
- All grapes are hand-harvested
- Fruit-forward and approachable
- Great value
- Made for everyday consumption
about the grape +
Well-made Malbec is a dark, perfumed wine with rich, blackberry and damson plum fruit, aromas of violets and tobacco, and ripe, juicy tannins. In France, may be mineral, structured and austere.
Alta Vista's Terroir Expression Winemakers® became the first in Argentina to produce single vineyard Malbec wines, each representing the unique characteristics of their high elevation, estate vineyards.
- quick view Alta Vista Atemporal Blend
- quick view Alta Vista Alto
- quick view Alta Vista Single Vineyard Alizarine
- quick view Alta Vista Single Vineyard Serenade
- quick view Alta Vista Single Vineyard Temis
- quick view Alta Vista Terroir Selection Malbec
- quick view Alta Vista Estate Malbec
- quick view Alta Vista Estate Cabernet Sauvignon
- quick view Alta Vista Estate Torrontés
- quick view Alta Vista Vive Malbec Rosé
- quick view Alta Vista Vive Cabernet Sauvignon
- quick view Alta Vista Brut Rosé of Malbec
- quick view Alta Vista Brut Rosé
- quick view Alta Vista Brut Blanc de Blancs
- quick view Alta Vista Brut Nature