Classic Malbec 2017
Grapes: 100% Malbec
Alta Vista’s Classic Malbec exhibits the true character of its grape variety. Fresh and intense, this wine’s aromas and flavors provide an excellent introduction to the fresh, fruit-forward characteristics and overall quality of wines from Argentina. Hand-picked grapes are carefully separated from the stems. Fermentation takes place with selected yeast over a period of 7 days, with frequent pumping over, at a controlled temperature of 78ºF-82ºF. After fermentation, the wine undergoes 10 days of extended maceration to enhance volume and quality of the tannins. The wine is aged in French oak for 6 months.
Wine & Spirits2019 vintage
Wine Spectator2019 vintage
2017 was a typical vintage for Mendoza: Low precipitation levels in spring and summer, and moderate to warm temperatures. From the quantitative aspect, results were low, as a consequence of the frequency and duration of late frosts. Nevertheless, nature takes and nature gives: We were punished by low temperatures, but relief came with summer and autumn, giving us grapes of exceptional quality. Due to a superlative must extraction, wines of unique color were produced. Moreover, moderate temperatures in February and March helped grates to keep their natural acidity. Polyphenol maturity was surprising because we prevented plants from suffering extreme temperatures. Young wines of 2017 are promising. They are balanced, concentrated, with a nice aromatic profile, and notes of fresh, mature fruit. A note of its characteristic violet, plus its classic aromas of red fruit and plum are perceived in our Malbec vines. Over-ripeness is not felt thanks to intense controls on temperature in order to adjust the harvest date to its ideal moment.
This Malbec has intense red fruit aromas, specially plums, with hints of vanilla and a subtle trace of coffee. It is young, explosive and bright in mouth. Fruit and wood flavors can be perceived thanks to its sweet and round tannins.
We recommend to match this Malbec with typical Argentinean food or a tray of cheese and cold cuts.
GRAPES: 100% Malbec
ACIDITY: 5.16 g/l
RESIDUAL SUGAR: 2.0 g/l
points of distinction
- Perfect introduction to the best of Argentina
- All grapes are hand-harvested
- Fruit-forward and approachable
- Made for everyday consumption
about the grape +
Well-made Malbec is a dark, perfumed wine with rich, blackberry and damson plum fruit, aromas of violets and tobacco, and ripe, juicy tannins. In France, may be mineral, structured and austere.
Alta Vista's Terroir Expression Winemakers® became the first in Argentina to produce single vineyard Malbec wines, each representing the unique characteristics of their high elevation, estate vineyards.
- quick view Alta Vista Atemporal Blend
- quick view Alta Vista Alto
- quick view Alta Vista Single Vineyard Alizarine
- quick view Alta Vista Single Vineyard Serenade
- quick view Alta Vista Single Vineyard Temis
- quick view Alta Vista Terroir Selection Malbec
- quick view Alta Vista Estate Malbec
- quick view Alta Vista Estate Cabernet Sauvignon
- quick view Alta Vista Estate Torrontés
- quick view Alta Vista Vive Malbec Rosé
- quick view Alta Vista Vive Cabernet Sauvignon
- quick view Alta Vista Brut Rosé of Malbec
- quick view Alta Vista Brut Rosé
- quick view Alta Vista Brut Blanc de Blancs
- quick view Alta Vista Brut Nature