Classic Malbec 2015
Grapes: 100% Malbec
Alta Vista’s Classic Malbec exhibits the true character of its grape variety. Fresh and intense, this wine’s aromas and flavors provide an excellent introduction to the fresh, fruit-forward characteristics and overall quality of wines from Argentina. Hand-picked grapes are carefully separated from the stems. Fermentation takes place with selected yeast over a period of 7 days, with frequent pumping over, at a controlled temperature of 78ºF-82ºF. After fermentation, the wine undergoes 10 days of extended maceration to enhance volume and quality of the tannins. The wine is aged in French oak for 6 months.
Wine Spectator2019 vintage
Wine Spectator2019 vintage
2015 was a slightly atypical vintage for Mendoza. The alcohol content in the wines is a bit lower than usual while acidity levels are very pleasant. The general balance of the wines is good and intensity of aromas is excellent. The concentration of the wines is on average and the great balance between alcohol and acidity gives a long and fruity finish. The general style is somewhat different though not a vast departure from some previous vintages. Balanced would be the ideal descriptor of the 2015 vintage.
This wine has an intense nose, with aromas of red fruit, particularly plums, and with vanilla notes and subtle coffee touches resulting from its storage in oak. On the palate one finds a freshness and soft, rounded tannins, recalling those fruity sensations in the nose.
This wine is quite approachable, fun and easy-to-drink, perfect for every-day consumption and for relaxed, casual foods like Panini sandwiches, pizza and beef or pork empanadas.
GRAPES: 100% Malbec
ACIDITY: 5.90 g/l
AGING: French Oak for 6 months
RESIDUAL SUGAR: 2.20 g/l
points of distinction
- Perfect introduction to the best of Argentina
- All grapes are hand-harvested
- Fruit-forward and approachable
- Made for everyday consumption
- Great value
about the grape +
Well-made Malbec is a dark, perfumed wine with rich, blackberry and damson plum fruit, aromas of violets and tobacco, and ripe, juicy tannins. In France, may be mineral, structured and austere.
Alta Vista's Terroir Expression Winemakers® became the first in Argentina to produce single vineyard Malbec wines, each representing the unique characteristics of their high elevation, estate vineyards.
- quick view new Alta Vista Atemporal Blend
- quick view Alta Vista Alto
- quick view Alta Vista Single Vineyard Alizarine
- quick view Alta Vista Single Vineyard Serenade
- quick view Alta Vista Single Vineyard Temis
- quick view Alta Vista Terroir Selection Malbec
- quick view Alta Vista Estate Malbec
- quick view Alta Vista Estate Cabernet Sauvignon
- quick view Alta Vista Estate Torrontés
- quick view Alta Vista Vive Rosé
- quick view Alta Vista Vive Cabernet Sauvignon
- quick view new Alta Vista Brut Rosé of Malbec
- quick view new Alta Vista Brut Rosé
- quick view new Alta Vista Brut Blanc de Blancs
- quick view new Alta Vista Brut Nature