Classic Cabernet Sauvignon 2018
Grapes: 100% Cabernet Sauvignon
Alta Vista’s Classic Cabernet Sauvignon shows the distinct characteristics of this variety. With ripe and spicy berries, this wine’s aromas and flavors provide an excellent introduction to the fresh, fruit-forward characteristics and overall quality of wines from Argentina. All grapes are hand-picked and carefully destemmed before being placed into stainless steel tanks, where they undergo fermentation over a 7-day period, with frequent pumping over, followed by maceration for 10 additional days. The wine is then aged in French oak for 6 months.
The 2018 vintage was a particularly exciting vintage with ideal growing conditions following the cooler 2016 and 2017 vintages. The growing season was warm and dry, which is more typical of an average Mendoza vintage. The temperate weather allowed for better quality, but also greater quantity of grapes as well. The grapes were able to ripen evenly and harvest took place 10-14 days ahead of the previous two vintages.
This Cabernet Sauvignon is intense in nose, with pepper and ripe red fruit aromas. Cherry flavors in mouth with a reminiscent of fresh vegetation. A young, easy to drink wine with an embracing taste.
The perfect match for meat, pasta with intense sauces, and hard and semi-hard cheese types.
GRAPES: 100% Cabernet Sauvignon
ACIDITY: 5.02 g/l
AGING: 25% of the wine is aged in French oak for 6 months
points of distinction
- Perfect introduction to the best of Argentina
- All grapes are hand-harvested
- Fruit-forward and approachable
- Great value
- Perfect for everyday consumption
about the grape +
Cabernet Sauvignon is adaptable to various growing conditions, and is known for its low yield and late ripeness. It generally produces full-bodied wines with substantial acidity and tannins.
Alta Vista's Terroir Expression Winemakers® became the first in Argentina to produce single vineyard Malbec wines, each representing the unique characteristics of their high elevation, estate vineyards.
- quick view new Alta Vista Atemporal Blend
- quick view Alta Vista Alto
- quick view Alta Vista Single Vineyard Alizarine
- quick view Alta Vista Single Vineyard Serenade
- quick view Alta Vista Single Vineyard Temis
- quick view Alta Vista Terroir Selection Malbec
- quick view Alta Vista Estate Malbec
- quick view Alta Vista Estate Cabernet Sauvignon
- quick view Alta Vista Estate Torrontés
- quick view Alta Vista Vive Rosé
- quick view Alta Vista Vive Malbec
- quick view new Alta Vista Brut Rosé of Malbec
- quick view new Alta Vista Brut Rosé
- quick view new Alta Vista Brut Blanc de Blancs
- quick view new Alta Vista Brut Nature