Classic Cabernet Sauvignon 2017
Grapes: 100% Cabernet Sauvignon
Alta Vista’s Classic Cabernet Sauvignon shows the distinct characteristics of this variety. With ripe and spicy berries, this wine’s aromas and flavors provide an excellent introduction to the fresh, fruit-forward characteristics and overall quality of wines from Argentina. All grapes are hand-picked and carefully destemmed before being placed into stainless steel tanks, where they undergo fermentation over a 7-day period, with frequent pumping over, followed by maceration for 10 additional days. The wine is then aged in French oak for 6 months.
2017 was a typical vintage for Mendoza: Low precipitation levels in spring and summer, and moderate to warm temperatures. From the quantitative aspect, results were low, as a consequence of the frequency and duration of late frosts. Nevertheless, nature takes and nature gives: We were punished by low temperatures, but relief came with summer and autumn, giving us grapes of exceptional quality. Due to a superlative must extraction, wines of unique color were produced. Moreover, moderate temperatures in February and March helped grates to keep their natural acidity. Polyphenol maturity was surprising because we prevented plants from suffering extreme temperatures. Young wines of 2017 are promising. They are balanced, concentrated, with a nice aromatic profile, and notes of fresh, mature fruit. A note of its characteristic violet, plus its classic aromas of red fruit and plum are perceived in our Malbec vines. Over-ripeness is not felt thanks to intense controls on temperature in order to adjust the harvest date to its ideal moment.
This Cabernet Sauvignon is intense in nose, with pepper and ripe red fruit aromas. Cherry flavors in mouth with a reminiscent of fresh vegetation. A young, easy to drink wine with an embracing taste.
The perfect match for meat, pasta with intense sauces, and hard and semi-hard cheese types.
GRAPES: 100% Cabernet Sauvignon
ACIDITY: 4.71 g/l
RESIDUAL SUGAR: 3.05 g/l
points of distinction
- Great introduction to the best of Argentina
- Perfect for everyday consumption
- All fruit is hand-harvested
- Approachable and fruit-forward
about the grape +
Cabernet Sauvignon is adaptable to various growing conditions, and is known for its low yield and late ripeness. It generally produces full-bodied wines with substantial acidity and tannins.
Alta Vista's Terroir Expression Winemakers® became the first in Argentina to produce single vineyard Malbec wines, each representing the unique characteristics of their high elevation, estate vineyards.
- quick view new Alta Vista Atemporal Blend
- quick view Alta Vista Alto
- quick view Alta Vista Single Vineyard Alizarine
- quick view Alta Vista Single Vineyard Serenade
- quick view Alta Vista Single Vineyard Temis
- quick view Alta Vista Terroir Selection Malbec
- quick view Alta Vista Estate Malbec
- quick view Alta Vista Estate Cabernet Sauvignon
- quick view Alta Vista Estate Torrontés
- quick view Alta Vista Vive Rosé
- quick view Alta Vista Vive Malbec
- quick view new Alta Vista Brut Rosé of Malbec
- quick view new Alta Vista Brut Rosé
- quick view new Alta Vista Brut Blanc de Blancs
- quick view new Alta Vista Brut Nature