Atemporal Blend 2017
/ Valle de Uco
Grapes: 53% Malbec, 36% Cabernet Sauvignon, 11% Petit Verdot
Atemporal means “timeless”. Alta Vista's French heritage inspired this site-specific blend of Malbec, Cabernet Sauvignon and Petit Verdot. Grown exclusively in the Alta Vista Estate Albaneve vineyard located in the Uco Valley, the blend is aged in French oak barrels for 12 months, and made for mid-term aging to allow the flavors to further develop and showcase the terroir of this unique, high-altitude vineyard.
Wine Advocate2017 vintage
2017 was a typical vintage for Mendoza: Low precipitation levels in spring and summer, and moderate to warm temperatures. From the quantitative aspect, results were low, as a consequence of the frequency and duration of late frosts. Nevertheless, nature takes and nature gives: We were punished by low temperatures, but relief came with summer and autumn, giving us grapes of exceptional quality. Due to a superlative must extraction, wines of unique color were produced. Moreover, moderate temperatures in February and March helped grates to keep their natural acidity. Polyphenol maturity was surprising because we prevented plants from suffering extreme temperatures. Young wines of 2017 are promising. They are balanced, concentrated, with a nice aromatic profile, and notes of fresh, mature fruit. A note of its characteristic violet, plus its classic aromas of red fruit and plum are perceived in our Malbec vines. Over-ripeness is not felt thanks to intense controls on temperature in order to adjust the harvest date to its ideal moment.
In nose, complex due to its three vines. Notes of violet, pepper, cinnamon and licorice. In mouth, it is a balanced combination: The silkiness of the Malbec, the structure and power of the Cabernet Sauvignon, and the intensity of the Petit Verdot that integrates this assemblage. A complex and persistent wine.
GRAPES: 53% Malbec, 36% Cabernet Sauvignon, 11% Petit Verdot
ACIDITY: 6 g/l
AGING: Aged for 12 months in french oak.
points of distinction
- Name translates to ‘timeless’ in Spanish, a perfect descriptor for this unique red blend.
- A single vineyard blend from the Albaneve Estate vineyard in Mendoza’s Uco Valley.
- The blended wine is aged in French oak for 12 months prior to allow the flavors to mature together.
about the grape +
Cabernet Sauvignon is adaptable to various growing conditions, and is known for its low yield and late ripeness. It generally produces full-bodied wines with substantial acidity and tannins.
Well-made Malbec is a dark, perfumed wine with rich, blackberry and damson plum fruit, aromas of violets and tobacco, and ripe, juicy tannins. In France, may be mineral, structured and austere.
Alta Vista's Terroir Expression Winemakers® became the first in Argentina to produce single vineyard Malbec wines, each representing the unique characteristics of their high elevation, estate vineyards.
- quick view Alta Vista Alto
- quick view Alta Vista Single Vineyard Alizarine
- quick view Alta Vista Single Vineyard Serenade
- quick view Alta Vista Single Vineyard Temis
- quick view Alta Vista Terroir Selection Malbec
- quick view Alta Vista Estate Malbec
- quick view Alta Vista Estate Cabernet Sauvignon
- quick view Alta Vista Estate Torrontés
- quick view Alta Vista Estate Premium Cabernet Franc
- quick view Alta Vista Vive Malbec Rosé
- quick view Alta Vista Vive Malbec
- quick view Alta Vista Vive Cabernet Sauvignon
- quick view Alta Vista Brut Rosé of Malbec
- quick view Alta Vista Brut Rosé
- quick view Alta Vista Brut Blanc de Blancs
- quick view Alta Vista Brut Nature