Grapes: 88% Malbec, 12% Cabernet Sauvignon
Alta Vista’s iconic wine, represents the benchmark among Argentine wines, crafted from the highest quality grapes from small vineyard parcels with low yields. Hand-picked grapes go through a double selection process on a sorting table. Alto is vinified in small, epoxy-lined concrete tanks which allow a gentle, precise vinification and extraction of polyphenols to produce an elegant wine. It is aged 14 months in new French oak barrels and at least 12 months in bottle.
Wine Enthusiast2013 vintage
Wine & Spirits2013 vintage
The 2013 harvest was influenced by a particularly wide thermal amplitude during the ripening cycle. Mild summer temperatures resulted in slower, more even ripening leading to better concentration and natural acidity in the grapes that were harvested for Alto.
The wine is deep ruby in color with complex aromas of black fruits, such as blackberries, spices, and chocolate. On the palate, the wine is elegant with silky tannins and a long intense persistency.
Best paired with aged beef ribeye steaks, hearty lamb stews, and roasted wild game.
GRAPES: 88% Malbec, 12% Cabernet Sauvignon
ACIDITY: 6.8 g/l
AGING: 14 months of aging in new French oak barrels. The wine is racked twice before bottling.
points of distinction
- Produced from highest quality, selected grapes, only in the best vintages.
- For Alto, yields are a minuscule 0.5 bottles per vine.
- Since '02 vintage, major wine publications have never rated Alto below 92 pts.
- Made in very limited quantities.
about the grape +
Well-made Malbec is a dark, perfumed wine with rich, blackberry and damson plum fruit, aromas of violets and tobacco, and ripe, juicy tannins. In France, may be mineral, structured and austere.
Alta Vista's Terroir Expression Winemakers® became the first in Argentina to produce single vineyard Malbec wines, each representing the unique characteristics of their high elevation, estate vineyards.
- quick view new Alta Vista Atemporal Blend
- quick view Alta Vista Single Vineyard Alizarine
- quick view Alta Vista Single Vineyard Serenade
- quick view Alta Vista Single Vineyard Temis
- quick view Alta Vista Terroir Selection Malbec
- quick view Alta Vista Estate Malbec
- quick view Alta Vista Estate Cabernet Sauvignon
- quick view Alta Vista Estate Torrontés
- quick view Alta Vista Vive Rosé
- quick view Alta Vista Vive Malbec
- quick view Alta Vista Vive Cabernet Sauvignon
- quick view new Alta Vista Brut Rosé of Malbec
- quick view new Alta Vista Brut Rosé
- quick view new Alta Vista Brut Blanc de Blancs
- quick view new Alta Vista Brut Nature