Located north of the village of Greve in the heart of the Chianti Classico region, the Nozzole estate covers a striking, rugged, mountainous area of about 1,000 acres, a third of which is vines and olive groves. At 350 meters in elevation, the 10-acre Il Pareto vineyard has clay soil with lime and gravel-size stones. The soil composition is ideal for Cabernet Sauvignon, with a high proportion of galestro rock. Il Pareto grapes are manually harvested, destemmed and crushed before fermentation and malolactic fermentation in temperature-controlled stainless steel tanks. Maceration on the lees promotes the extraction of optimal color and fine, structured tannins. The wine is aged in oak and in bottle before release.
Wine Spectator2016 vintage
This wine’s classic Cabernet aromas and flavors of cassis and black fruits have intriguing dried herb and spice notes. On the palate, jammy fruit leads to firm, noble tannins before a long finish.
Pairs well with meats, poultry, and game.
points of distinction
- 100% Cabernet Sauvignon in the Super Tuscan style
- Matured for 16 months in oak barrels for increased complexity
vineyard details +
Il Pareto Vineyard
At 350 meters in elevation, the 10-acre Il Pareto vineyard has clay soil with lime and gravel-size stones. The soil composition is ideal for Cabernet Sauvignon, with a high proportion of galestro rock.
about the grape +
Cabernet Sauvignon is adaptable to various growing conditions, and is known for its low yield and late ripeness. It generally produces full-bodied wines with substantial acidity and tannins.
On land that has supported winegrapes for seven centuries, Tenuta di Nozzole produces wines that respect both tradition and innovation.
- quick view new Tenuta di Nozzole Chianti Classico Gran Selezione DOCG
- quick view Tenuta di Nozzole La Forra Chianti Classico Riserva DOCG
- quick view Tenuta di Nozzole Chianti Classico Riserva DOCG
- quick view Tenuta di Nozzole Villa Nozzole Chianti Classico DOCG
- quick view Tenuta di Nozzole Le Bruniche Chardonnay Toscana IGT