Located north of the village of Greve in the heart of the Chianti Classico region, the Nozzole estate covers a striking, rugged, mountainous area of about 1,000 acres at 300 meters in elevation. In order to obtain concentration and complexity in the wine, yields are kept low. The grapes are hand harvested, destemmed and crushed. Fermentation is initiated on the skins in temperature-controlled stainless steel tanks, followed by a maceration period to draw out color and tannins. The wine is racked into stainless steel tanks for malolactic fermentation before aging in oak vats and in bottle before release. The wine is bottled on the estate.
Crisp, ripe, red berry and cherry aromas and flavors and earthy undernotes are shaped by vibrant, fresh acidity and a backbone of firm yet elegant tannins.
Pairs very well with meats, poultry and cheeses.
points of distinction
- A classic, traditional Chianti from the Folonari family, making wine since the 1700s
- Matured for 16 months in oak barrels and 3 months in bottle before release
- Estate bottled, from a highly regarded estate
about the grape +
Sangiovese has aromas of black cherries with alluring wood, smoke, tar and herbal notes. The best wines made from this grape have incredible complexity, depth, finesse and power.
On land that has supported winegrapes for seven centuries, Tenuta di Nozzole produces wines that respect both tradition and innovation.
- quick view new Tenuta di Nozzole Chianti Classico Gran Selezione DOCG
- quick view Tenuta di Nozzole Il Pareto Toscana IGT
- quick view Tenuta di Nozzole La Forra Chianti Classico Riserva DOCG
- quick view Tenuta di Nozzole Villa Nozzole Chianti Classico DOCG
- quick view Tenuta di Nozzole Le Bruniche Chardonnay Toscana IGT