Sonoma County Chardonnay
/ Sonoma County
Estate-grown Chardonnay grapes from Sonoma Valley are blended with carefully selected fruit from Carneros, Alexander Valley and Russian River Valley to create a balanced and enjoyable wine. Grapes from each vineyard are handpicked in the cool of night to preserve delicate aromas, flavors and bracing acidity, and then fermented separately in either barrel or stainless steel. Barrels are stirred two or three times a week to enhance the wine’s mouthfeel and toasty, complex characters. The wine undergoes malolactic fermentation to convert tart malic acid to soft lactic acid and then is aged before blending.
Sunset International Wine Competition2018 vintage
Jeb Dunnuck2016 vintage
Aromas and flavors of fresh melon, citrus, pineapple and butterscotch lead off this medium-bodied Chardonnay, followed by crisp acidity and a rich, lingering finish.
Pair with crab, chicken and salmon.
points of distinction
- A classic, buttery California Chardonnay
- Select fruit from the finest Chardonnay regions: Sonoma Valley, Carneros, Alexander Valley and Russian River Valley
- Chardonnay grapes are handpicked in the cool of night and rushed to the winery before dawn, to preserve delicate aromas, flavors and bracing acidity.
- A versatile pairing with chicken, crab or cream-sauce dishes
vineyard details +
Sonoma County extends over 60,000 acres of vineyards and includes 15 unique AVAs, including Sonoma Coast, Sonoma Mountain, Sonoma Valley, Alexander Valley, Bennett Valley, Carneros, Chalk Hill, Dry Creek Valley, Green Valley, Knights Valley, Rockpile and Russian River Valley. More than 50 grape varieties are planted in vineyards owned by over 750 growers and 260 wineries. Maritime-influenced conditions make this area notably cooler than Napa, further inland, and a multitude of beneficial soil types make Sonoma County a prime area for high quality wine growing.
about the grape +
Though it has a distinctive profile, Chardonnay reflects other factors such as soil composition and vinification technique. Chardonnay is a reliable, hardy and prolific vine whose only real vulnerabilities are frost and uneven development of fruit.
– Katie Madigan, Winemaker
“With its perfect balance and seamless structure, this Chardonnay is a classic expression of Sonoma County.”
- quick view St. Francis Winery & Vineyards Sonoma County Pinot Noir
- quick view St. Francis Winery & Vineyards Sonoma County Sauvignon Blanc
- quick view St. Francis Winery & Vineyards Sonoma County Cabernet Sauvignon
- quick view St. Francis Winery & Vineyards Sonoma County Old Vines Zinfandel
- quick view St. Francis Winery & Vineyards Sonoma County Merlot
- quick view Certified Sustainable, Organic or Biodynamic Green Certified St. Francis Winery & Vineyards Sonoma County Claret
- quick view St. Francis Winery & Vineyards Reserve Merlot
- quick view St. Francis Winery & Vineyards Reserve Zinfandel
- quick view St. Francis Winery & Vineyards Reserve Cabernet Sauvignon