/ Dry Creek Valley
This Reserve wine is a combination of both valley floor and hillside fruit from the northern end of Dry Creek Valley, a renowned Zinfandel growing region. After a warm, dry summer, the Zinfandel was picked in mid-September when flavors were at their peak. Added to the blend was Dry Creek Petite Sirah picked at the end of September. Its thick skins and hefty tannins add color and texture to the wine while also contributing balance and length. The grapes were hand-sorted and underwent an extended cold-soak for five days. Infrequent pumpovers during fermentation allowed for greater color extraction and the ability to control tannin levels. They then complemented this fleshy wine by ageing it in 60% new French oak barrels for 20 months to achieve full integration.
Wine Spectator2017 vintage
Wine Advocate2017 vintage
This is a spicy yet refined Zinfandel that is beautifully balanced with remarkable color. Aromas of cinnamon and dark mixed berry merge with flavors of blackberry jam, ripe raspberry and a touch of peppercorn. A luxurious wine with a long and silky finish.
Excellent with goat cheese, Asian style seafood and pork
points of distinction
- Aged in 60% new French oak barrels, for 20 months
about the grape +
Zinfandel shows ripe, sweet aromas and flavors of black fruits (plums, raisins, dates), with pepper, spice and chocolate notes.
– Katie Madigan, Winemaker
“Dry Creek Valley has a grape-growing history that covers well over a century of time. Much of the Zinfandel grown here is truly “Old Vine”. Reserve Dry Creek Valley Zinfandel is reflective of how this varietal is grown in the warm, temperate climate of the region. Dark black licorice notes and boysenberry overtones compliment a velvety mid-palate with a nice spicy structure.”
- quick view St. Francis Winery & Vineyards Sonoma County Pinot Noir
- quick view St. Francis Winery & Vineyards Sonoma County Sauvignon Blanc
- quick view St. Francis Winery & Vineyards Sonoma County Cabernet Sauvignon
- quick view St. Francis Winery & Vineyards Sonoma County Chardonnay
- quick view St. Francis Winery & Vineyards Sonoma County Old Vines Zinfandel
- quick view St. Francis Winery & Vineyards Sonoma County Merlot
- quick view Certified Sustainable, Organic or Biodynamic Green Certified St. Francis Winery & Vineyards Sonoma County Claret
- quick view St. Francis Winery & Vineyards Reserve Merlot
- quick view St. Francis Winery & Vineyards Reserve Cabernet Sauvignon