Junmai Hiyaoroshi Fall Seasonal “Autumn Assassin”
Embrace the flavors of fall with Hiyaoroshi sake! This small-batch, seasonal sake is bottled in the spring and spends a perfect six months maturing over summer. Layers of labor gradually open up to a lively, smooth taste that pairs well with a range of foods. This sake is only available in the Fall, usually landing in the States mid-october. Yasunobo Tomita, the 15th generation of the family, is committed to making sake using only local ingredients. Yamada Nishiki grown by contract farmers in Shiga prefecture is used to make this sake. Stored as namazake for six months after brewing and released in the fall, this is another specialty type of sake that is authentic and rare.
Lingering yeast and clover honey nose; brisk, clean finish.
Serve chilled on its own or pair with creamy, cheesy foods like pasta carbonara, croque monsieur, or mac and cheese!
Rice: Yamada Nishiki
Pasteurization: Once in bottle
points of distinction
- Small-batch, seasonal sake
- Third oldest brewery in Japan, founded in 1540s
- Brewery is managed by 15th generation of Tomita family
Shichi Hon Yari is named after the seven spearsmen who became legends at the battle of Shizugatake fought just outside the town of Kinomoto in 1583.
- quick view new Shichi Hon Yari Sake Junmai Ginjo Ginfubuki “The Warrior’s Blend”
- quick view Shichi Hon Yari Sake Junmai “The Seven Spearsmen”
- quick view Shichi Hon Yari Sake Shizuku Junmai Daiginjo “Silent Samurai”
- quick view Shichi Hon Yari Sake Junmai Ginjo Nigori “Winter Warrior”
- quick view Shichi Hon Yari Sake Junmai Namazake Spring Seasonal “Fresh Katana”