Phermento Lambrusco di Modena Secco DOP
/ Emilia Romagna
AVAILABLE MARKETS - California, Illinois, Nevada, New York, and Oregon
The Phermento project came to life with its first vintage in 2016, coming from the fifth generation of the Medici Ermete family. Alessandro Medici brings a fresh look onto Lambrusco and one of the grapes that thrive there. Sorbara has grown in popularity in Emilia Romagna, with its high level of acidity and lack of tannin it lends itself to the Ancestral method of production. The Sorbara vines are 35 years old, grown Cordone Speronato (cordon trained and spur pruned) in clay soil and with restricted yields. The wine itself ferments in bottle to brut nature (zero dosage), and is capped with a crown cap. The internal pressure is 2.5 bars, making this wine frizzante. The wine is best served at a temperature of 46 - 50 degrees Fahrenheit and should be consumed within two years of vintage.
Wine Enthusiast2018 vintage
Deep pink in color, the wine has a boquet reminiscent of raspberry and red fruit. Dry, yet fruit-forward and vinbrant. The bubbles are fine, rich and persistent on the finish.
An excellent pairing to all kinds of charcuterie and wonderful on it's own as an apertif.
points of distinction
- 5th generation, family owned
- Naturally fermented to brut nature
- Ancestral method of production
about the grape +
Well-made Lambrusco can be refreshingly dry, with a lovely fragrance of red fruit and violets, a medium-bodied palate of fresh strawberries, a gentle spritz and a slight bitter almond finish.
– Otello Venturelli, Winemaker
In perfect harmony with an area that maintains strong, solid links with its superb food and wine traditions, the Medici family takes the utmost care to ensure that only the very finest grapes are selected before being turned into first-class wine using the most modern technologies available.
- quick view Medici Ermete Concerto Reggiano Lambrusco DOC
- quick view Medici Ermete Solo Reggiano Rosso DOC
- quick view Medici Ermete Quercioli Secco Reggiano Lambrusco DOC
- quick view Medici Ermete Quercioli Dolce Reggiano Lambrusco DOC
- quick view Medici Ermete Quercioli Rosato Dolce Lambrusco DOC
- quick view Medici Ermete Daphne Malvasia Secco DOC