Daphne Malvasia Secco DOC
/ Emilia Romagna
/ Reggio Emilia
AVAILABLE MARKETS - California, Massachusetts, New York, and Texas
Daphne secco is a sparkling dry white wine made with 100% Malvasia di Candia, which is a incarnation of the Malvasia grape that is both aromatic and acidic, perfect for sparkling wines. Daphne is sourced from a single vineyard on the Medici estate, the prestigious Tenuta La Rampata vineyard in Reggio Emilia province. The Tenuta La Rampata vineyard has been converted to organic farming with a certification forthcoming in the 2020 vintage. The Daphne Malvasia is fermented in the same method of Medici’s award winning Concerto Lambrusco, unique because both the first and second fermentation occur very slowly and in the same tank, allowing deep and complex flavors to develop. Indigenous yeasts are used for fermentation, the specific strains used were selected in collaboration with local universities of Piacenza and San Michele all'Adige out of 53 unique strains found in the Medici Ermete vineyards. The wine is best served at a temperature of 50 degrees Fahrenheit and should be consumed within two years of vintage.
Pale yellow in color, the wine has an aromatic and intense boquet. Dry, yet delicate, fresh and lively.
An excellent pairing to Parmigiano Reggiano cheese, spaghetti with clams and vegetarian pasta dishes.
points of distinction
- Sourced from a single vineyard, Tenuta La Rampata, on the Medici estate
- Farmed organically, with a certification forthcoming in 2020
- Medici Ermete is a family owned, 5th generation winery
- Limited production of roughly 1,000 9L cases/year
about the grape +
Vinified dry, Malvasia has spicy aromas, full body, and broad, peachy fruit, with notes of musk, almond and acidity. In sweet wines, the nutty, grape skin qualities are intensified.
– Otello Venturelli, Winemaker
In perfect harmony with an area that maintains strong, solid links with its superb food and wine traditions, the Medici family takes the utmost care to ensure that only the very finest grapes are selected before being turned into first-class wine using the most modern technologies available.
- quick view Medici Ermete Concerto Reggiano Lambrusco DOC
- quick view Medici Ermete Solo Reggiano Rosso DOC
- quick view Medici Ermete Quercioli Secco Reggiano Lambrusco DOC
- quick view Medici Ermete Quercioli Dolce Reggiano Lambrusco DOC
- quick view Medici Ermete Quercioli Rosato Dolce Lambrusco DOC
- quick view Medici Ermete Phermento Lambrusco di Modena Secco DOP