Lucano Anniversario Limoncello comes from the enchanting peninsula of Sorrento. This is a 100% natural liqueur and does not contain any food colorings or preservatives. It is made exclusively with PGI Lemons of Sorrento, which are considered the best and most aromatic lemons available in the world. The characteristics of PGI Lemons of Sorrento include:
- Grown in Sorrento Peninsula
- Minimum weight of 3 ounces
- Medium-thick peel
- Rich in essential oils and very fragrant
- Elevated acidity, rich in Vitamin C and mineral salts
The quality standards for both the PGI Lemons of Sorrento and the Limoncello produced from them are the responsibility of the Consortium for the Protection of PGI Lemons of Sorrento. Only a limited number of Limoncello brands are made under the strict quality control of the Consortium.
Lucano Anniversario Limoncello is produced at a dedicated facility in Vico Equense, a coastal town located near Naples in Southern Italy. All the lemons are harvested between January and March and then peeled to obtain the zest. Lemon zest not immediately used for production is vacuum-packed and stored at - 7°F to retain freshness throughout the year. The zest is placed in an alcohol infusion for one week to release the aroma. The alcohol used is a neutral spirit made from molasses. At the end of the week, water and sugar are added to the infusion. The mixture is carefully checked for quality before bottling. Every bottle contains 300 grams (approximately 11 ounces) of PGI Lemons of Sorrento per Liter. This is 20% more than required by the strict guidelines of the Consortium.
Download Signature Cocktail Recipeview pdf »
Signature Cocktail: Limoncello Spritz
- 2.0 oz Lucano Anniversario Limoncello
- 3.0 oz Caposaldo Prosecco
- 1.0 oz Soda
- Lemon Wedge
- Mint Sprig
Preparation: Mix all ingredients together in a wine glass. Squeeze and add lemon wedge, then mint and ice
A natural infusion using the highest quality PGI Lemons of Sorrento provides a unique lemon flavor of unmatched quality.
points of distinction
- Made using the zest of the finest quality PGI Lemons of Sorrento
- The quality of Anniversario Limoncello is monitored by the Consortium for the Protection of PGI Lemons of Sorrento
- Every bottle contains 300 grams (approximately 11 ounces) of PGI Lemons of Sorrento per Liter, which is 20% more than required by the of the Consortium
- A 100% natural liqueur, without any food colorings or preservatives
- Gluten Free
- Imported from Italy
Lucano Anniversario Limoncello is made exclusively with PGI Lemons of Sorrento, considered the best available in the world. It is a 100% natural liqueur that contains no food colorings or preservatives. Quality is strictly regulated by the Consortium for the Protection of PGI Lemons of Sorrento.