BIN 27 Porto
/ Douro Valley Porto
Grapes: Touriga Nacional, Touriga Franca, Tinta Barroca, Tinta Roriz, Tinto Cão, Tinta Amarela
BIN 27 is produced primarily from grapes from Fonseca’s own quintas in the Cima Corgo—exceptional fruit that results in a wine of high quality and consistency from year to year. In the winery, the newly developed, robotic “Port Toes” technology for treading the grapes allows the winery to maximize the quality of the fruit by imitating the traditional action of human feet and avoiding damage to the bitter grape seeds. Fermentation is halted by the addition of grape spirits before all the residual sugar has been fermented, creating a sweet, fortified wine. A ruby-style Porto blended from reserve wines selected for their intense depth of color and fruit character, BIN 27 is aged for four years in neutral wood vats before bottling.
Tasting PanelN/A vintage
This sweet wine shows fresh, rich blackberry and cassis aromas. On the palate, it has a well-knit structure, with a velvety, luscious mouthfeel and smooth tannins.
This wine pairs well with strong-flavored hard cheeses--a good farmhouse Cheddar or an aged Gouda would be perfect. It is delicious with desserts made with dark chocolate or berries. Made to be enjoyed immediately, without further aging.
GRAPES: Touriga Nacional, Touriga Franca, Tinta Barroca, Tinta Roriz, Tinto Cão, Tinta Amarela
ACIDITY: 3.94 g/l
AGING: 4 years in neutral oak
RESIDUAL SUGAR: 97 g/l
points of distinction
- A ruby-style Porto made primarily from Fonseca’s own estate fruit
- Matured for four years in neutral oak, for greater complexity and harmony in the wine
about the grape +
Tinta Amarela makes wines with intensely perfumed aromas of blackberry and tea, bold structure, deep color and excellent depth.
Used to make Port wines, this high yielding grape has very high sugar content, which makes wines with pronounced floral character, good structure and firm, ripe tannins.
This grape has blackberry, game and meaty aromas, and contributes longevity and exceptional elegance to the blend of Port wines.
Tinta Roriz produces deep-colored grapes of moderate acidity which make bold wines with firm tannins, excellent complexity and distinctive resin-like fragrance.
This grape has high tannins and is very aromatic; it lends structure and balance to Port wines. It shows intense fresh red fruit, earth and flower aromas, and is very fruity on the palate.
Touriga Nacional produces wine with finesse, body and warmth that is dark, concentrated, massively tannic and aromatic. It ages to show the complex aromas typically found in mature vintage port.
– David Guimaraens, Winemaker
“My team and I strive to bring the very best performance out of our vineyards by careful nurturing of the vines, combined with the very best winemaking techniques available.”
- quick view Fonseca Guimaraens Vintage Port
- quick view Certified Sustainable, Organic or Biodynamic Green Certified Fonseca Terra Bella Organic Reserve Porto
- quick view Fonseca Late Bottled Vintage Porto (Unfiltered)
- quick view Fonseca 10 Year Old Tawny Porto
- quick view Fonseca 20 Year Old Tawny Porto
- quick view Fonseca 40 Year Old Tawny Porto
- quick view Fonseca Fine Ruby
- quick view Fonseca Fine Tawny
- quick view Fonseca Siroco Extra Dry
- quick view Fonseca Classic Vintage Porto
- quick view Fonseca Quinta do Panascal Vintage Porto
- quick view Fonseca BIN 27 Limited Edition Holiday Tin