Rosé di Nere IGP
Nero d’Avola vines are 25-30 years old, planted with a southern exposure at 80 meters above sea level. Yields are 6.6 tons/acre, to encourage aromatic depth and flavor complexity. In the spring, the vines are pruned to one bud per plant, and in June/July, a green harvest eliminates lesser grapes. Twenty days prior to harvest, there's an additional cluster thinning, or a selection of the best grapes in the bunch. To develop superior aromas and texture, the wine is aged in steel tanks rather than oak to retain the grape's fresh, crisp and fruity characters.
International Rose Drink Pink Wine Competition2019 vintage
Cherry colored wine with an explosion of floral and fruit scents of ripe pears and cherries. Fresh and juicy on the palate, tasty with light tannins.
Outstanding with fish dishes enriched with Mediterranean spices and herbs. Intriguing with pizza.
points of distinction
- Great freshness comes from maritime influence of this southern Italian terroir
- Outstanding expression of fruit derived from Nero d’Avola varietal
- Incredibly versatile and pleasant on any occasion
about the grape +
Nero d’Avola produces deep-colored wines that have wild cherry and plum, dark chocolate and earthy aromas and flavors, good minerality and acidity, and a high level of tannins.
Feudo Maccari was painstakingly assembled from numerous owners and more than 50 separate plots on the southerly hillsides near the town of Noto.
- quick view Feudo Maccari Mahâris Sicilia DOP
- quick view Feudo Maccari Saia Sicilia DOP
- quick view Feudo Maccari Neré Nero d’Avola DOP
- quick view Feudo Maccari Olli Grillo DOP
- quick view Feudo Maccari Contrada Santo Spirito Animardente Etna DOC
- quick view Feudo Maccari Contrada Santo Spirito Animalucente Etna DOC