Mahâris, which takes its name from the watch towers that the early inhabitants used to search the sea coast, is the wine that symbolizes the meeting of diverse styles and cultures. It brings together all the favorable complexities of the international varietal Syrah with Sicily’s par excellence growing Mediterranean microclimate.
Wine Spectator2018 vintage
Mahâris offers a ruby red color with purple highlights. On the nose balsamic notes mix with cocoa and coffee. In the mouth, balsamic notes return from the bouquet, with soft tannins that envelop the palate. The finish exhibits spicy, smoky notes that make this wine both pleasant and unforgettable
Pairs well with fine meats, game and braised red meats.
points of distinction
- Aged for 16 months in French oak barrels for greater complexity
about the grape +
Nero d’Avola produces deep-colored wines that have wild cherry and plum, dark chocolate and earthy aromas and flavors, good minerality and acidity, and a high level of tannins.
Feudo Maccari was painstakingly assembled from numerous owners and more than 50 separate plots on the southerly hillsides near the town of Noto.
- quick view Feudo Maccari Rosé di Neré IGP
- quick view Feudo Maccari Saia Sicilia DOP
- quick view Feudo Maccari Neré Nero d’Avola DOP
- quick view Feudo Maccari Olli Grillo DOP
- quick view Feudo Maccari Contrada Santo Spirito Animardente Etna DOC
- quick view Feudo Maccari Contrada Santo Spirito Animalucente Etna DOC