Ultra Brut is a style of Sparkling wine that very dry and brisk. It is a contemplative wine that on flawless balance and appeals to the true aficionado.
Sunset International Wine Competition2016 vintage
A mélange of of fresh cut flowers, key lime, ginger, and honeydew melon on the nose leads to a dry, brisk, beautifully balanced palate of green apple, blanched almond, yuzu, and a touch of mandarin. With a surprising mouthwatering complexity, its bright, crisp fruit and dusty minerality ride on a serious structure, the persistent, palate-cleansing finish lingering on.
A wine with such textural vibrance and intriguing tension pairs beautifully with rich, creamy sauces or foods with a natural voluptuousness such as raw oysters, smoked salmon or lobster. Incomparable with wine-savvy friends.
points of distinction
- 100% organically grown estate fruit from the cool-climate Carneros region
- Made in the méthode traditionnelle, as used in French Champagne
- Lengthy aging time yields fine, pinpoint bubbles, toasty aroma and rich texture
about the grape +
Though it has a distinctive profile, Chardonnay reflects other factors such as soil composition and vinification technique. Chardonnay is a reliable, hardy and prolific vine whose only real vulnerabilities are frost and uneven development of fruit.
In France, makes a silky, deceptively powerful wine of elegant, complex aromas and subtle, red fruit flavors, with earthy, floral, mushroom and mineral notes. In California, shows ripe, sweet characters.
– Founding Winemaker
“The first obligation of any wine is to be delicious.”
- quick view Domaine Carneros Brut Vintage Cuvée
- quick view Certified Sustainable, Organic or Biodynamic Green Certified Domaine Carneros Brut Rosé Cuvée de la Pompadour
- quick view Certified Sustainable, Organic or Biodynamic Green Certified Domaine Carneros Estate Pinot Noir
- quick view Certified Sustainable, Organic or Biodynamic Green Certified Domaine Carneros Le Rêve Blanc de Blancs