Le Rêve Blanc de Blancs
Inspired by Champagne Taittinger’s Comtes de Champagne, yet its own reflection of Carneros terroir, Domaine Carneros’ luxury tête-de-cuvée is crafted from five sustainably grown estate clones of Chardonnay. The wine is made using the traditional method of Champagne and is aged in bottle for five to six years sur lie before release.
A perfect Le Rêve with lovely notes of white flowers, Meyer lemon, quince, pear and a hint of pineapple with a toasty to slightly smoky aroma. The palate opens up to honeysuckle and crème brûlée. The full mouthfeel leads to a very round and long finish. Delicious now, but there will be additional flavor benefits for those who can wait.
Delicious with double or triple cream cheeses, fish, shellfish and poultry.
points of distinction
- The winery’s tête-de-cuvée, a luxury Blanc de Blancs (made only from white grapes) crafted from five estate-grown clones of Chardonnay
- 100% Carneros fruit, 100% estate grown
- Aged for a minimum of five and a half years on the lees—a time commitment given to only the finest sparkling wines
vineyard details +
Domaine Carneros Estate Vineyard
The Domaine Carneros Estate Vineyard, first planted in 1981, extends up a slope rising to a crest overlooking San Francisco and San Pablo Bay, with an elevation of 120 to 260 feet above sea level. Its superb mesoclimate, characterized by a long, cool growing season tempered by the maritime breezes and persistent fogs of the coast, is the perfect environment for the classic Chardonnay and Pinot Noir varieties of Champagne. The Estate Vineyard primarily contributes to the sparkling wine cuvées.
about the grape +
Though it has a distinctive profile, Chardonnay reflects other factors such as soil composition and vinification technique. Chardonnay is a reliable, hardy and prolific vine whose only real vulnerabilities are frost and uneven development of fruit.
– Founding Winemaker
“The Taittingers and I both believe that Blanc de Blancs, made from superlative vineyards, are the greatest, and longest-lived of all sparkling wines. We age our Le Rêve (French for the dream) five to six years before release. Taste the depth of flavor and extraordinarily long finish.”
- quick view new Domaine Carneros Ultra Brut
- quick view Domaine Carneros Brut Vintage Cuvée
- quick view Certified Sustainable, Organic or Biodynamic Green Certified Domaine Carneros Brut Rosé Cuvée de la Pompadour
- quick view Certified Sustainable, Organic or Biodynamic Green Certified Domaine Carneros Estate Pinot Noir