Estate Pinot Noir
Domaine Carneros Pinot Noir begins in the five different Estate Vineyards, which are green certified, and are located within four miles of the Château. Eleven different clones of Pinot Noir are grown and each one contributes its unique flavor profile and personality to make this compelling blend, a true mosaic of the Carneros terroir. After an early-morning harvest, while the grapes are still cool, the handpicked fruit is gently destemmed and cold soaked. Fermentation takes place in small, open-topped vats with punch-downs, resulting in heightened color and complex flavors. After pressing off, the finished wine went directly into French Oak barrels where it rested for ten months until bottling.
Ken's Wine Guide.com2018 vintage
This lusciously juicy Pinot Noir is redolent with raspberry and black cherry aromas and flavors enhanced with hints of smoke and exotic spice. It is medium-bodied with bright acidity and a broad richness of even-tempered tannin that stretches into a long finish.
This dynamic wine can be enjoyed alone as an aperitif or matched with a diverse group of dishes such as beef, poultry, pork or grilled salmon, prepared in a variety of culinary styles.
points of distinction
- 100% green certified estate-grown Pinot Noir from Carneros
- Master blending of dozens of separately vinified lots achieves the perfect expression of Carneros terroir
about the grape +
In France, makes a silky, deceptively powerful wine of elegant, complex aromas and subtle, red fruit flavors, with earthy, floral, mushroom and mineral notes. In California, shows ripe, sweet characters.
– TJ Evans, Pinot Noir Winemaker
“Pinot Noir is a process where the wine is beautiful every step of the way.”
- quick view new Domaine Carneros Ultra Brut
- quick view Domaine Carneros Brut Vintage Cuvée
- quick view Certified Sustainable, Organic or Biodynamic Green Certified Domaine Carneros Brut Rosé Cuvée de la Pompadour
- quick view Certified Sustainable, Organic or Biodynamic Green Certified Domaine Carneros Le Rêve Blanc de Blancs