Brut Rosé Cuvée de la Pompadour
Grapes: 72% Pinot Noir, 28% Chardonnay
More than 250 years ago, Louis XV's great paramour, Madame de la Pompadour, famously introduced sparkling wine to the court at Versailles. She declared it “the only wine that a woman can drink and remain beautiful,” and today Domaine Carneros’ Pompadour Brut Rosé is named in her honor.
Domaine Carneros harvests estate-grown, green certified Pinot Noir and Chardonnay grapes from its vineyards in Carneros to craft small quantities of this beautifully balanced Brut Rosé. The Pinot Noir juice spends several days in contact with the grape skins in order to extract the lovely color and flavor components. In some years a small amount of estate Pinot Noir wine is added to adjust the color when needed.
The wine’s aroma, delivered on a delicate mousse, hints at wild strawberry, raspberry, peach, apricot, honeysuckle and exotic spices. Despite what its color may suggest, it is a true Brut – completely dry. And while Domaine Carneros Brut Rosé is enjoyable at a young age, it will also gain wonderful complexity with aging.
Exceedingly food-friendly, pairs well with salmon, and fresh berries.
GRAPES: 72% Pinot Noir, 28% Chardonnay
ACIDITY: 9.2 g/l
AGING: 18 months in bottle sur lie
MALOLACTIC FERMENTATION: <7%
points of distinction
- A balanced, food-friendly sparkling Rosé made from estate-grown, green certified Pinot Noir and Chardonnay
- Named after Madame de la Pompadour, the paramour of French King Louis XV
- The wine is dry, not sweet—a true sparkling Brut.
about the grape +
Though it has a distinctive profile, Chardonnay reflects other factors such as soil composition and vinification technique. Chardonnay is a reliable, hardy and prolific vine whose only real vulnerabilities are frost and uneven development of fruit.
In France, makes a silky, deceptively powerful wine of elegant, complex aromas and subtle, red fruit flavors, with earthy, floral, mushroom and mineral notes. In California, shows ripe, sweet characters.
– Founding Winemaker
“This is the perfect summer wine and it adds a special enhancement to festive occasions.”
- quick view new Domaine Carneros Ultra Brut
- quick view Domaine Carneros Brut Vintage Cuvée
- quick view Certified Sustainable, Organic or Biodynamic Green Certified Domaine Carneros Estate Pinot Noir
- quick view Certified Sustainable, Organic or Biodynamic Green Certified Domaine Carneros Le Rêve Blanc de Blancs