Reserve Tawny Porto
/ Douro Valley Porto
Grapes: Touriga Nacional, Touriga Franca, Tinta Barroca, Tinta Roriz, Tinto Cão, Tinta Amarela
Croft Reserve Tawny Porto is an exciting new concept in Port Wine, combining the rich character of an aged tawny with ready-to-drink smoothness and spice. Reserve Tawny Porto is sourced in the traditional way: from the highest-quality individual growers in the Douro Valley, where the varying altitude and aspect of the vineyards creates the potential for a complex wine of great character. Drawn from a reserve of fine wood ports which have been aged an average of seven years in seasoned oak casks, the individual wines are then blended to guarantee consistency and quality. The result is a complex yet accessible tawny port that is perfect with dessert but that can be enjoyed at any time.
Ultimate Wine Challenge
Light brick red, with an amber hue. On the nose, rich red fruit, notes of caramel, raisins, and cloves. On the palate, cardamom, spice, butterscotch and elegant redcurrant, interwoven with attractive nutty aromas. Smooth and round on the palate, full of luscious strawberry jam flavors with an elegant finish.
Dried fruit, pecans, walnuts, figs, roasted almonds, desserts made with nuts (pecan pie), coffee or caramel, crème brûlée.
GRAPES: Touriga Nacional, Touriga Franca, Tinta Barroca, Tinta Roriz, Tinto Cão, Tinta Amarela
ACIDITY: 3.4 g/l
RESIDUAL SUGAR: 123 g/l
points of distinction
- A high-quality tawny, matured in cask for seven years after blending for exceptional aromas and smooth, ready-to-drink flavor.
- Distinctive, eye-catching bottle with strong shoulders that invokes premium quality.
about the grape +
Used to make Port wines, this high yielding grape has very high sugar content, which makes wines with pronounced floral character, good structure and firm, ripe tannins.
This grape has blackberry, game and meaty aromas, and contributes longevity and exceptional elegance to the blend of Port wines.
Tinta Roriz produces deep-colored grapes of moderate acidity which make bold wines with firm tannins, excellent complexity and distinctive resin-like fragrance.
This grape has high tannins and is very aromatic; it lends structure and balance to Port wines. It shows intense fresh red fruit, earth and flower aromas, and is very fruity on the palate.
Touriga Nacional produces wine with finesse, body and warmth that is dark, concentrated, massively tannic and aromatic. It ages to show the complex aromas typically found in mature vintage port.
– Natasha Robertson Bridge, Chief Blender
“Croft is defined by an abundance of rich, plump fruit with a delicious exotic quality and a distinctive herbaceous, spicy character.”
- quick view new Croft Brandy
- quick view new Croft Quinta da Roêda Serikos
- quick view new Croft 430th Anniversary Reserve Ruby
- quick view new Croft Reserve Ruby Porto
- quick view Croft Distinction Porto
- quick view Croft 10 Year Old Tawny Porto
- quick view Croft Fine Ruby
- quick view Croft Fine Tawny
- quick view Croft Classic Vintage Porto
- quick view Croft Quinta da Roêda Vintage Porto
- quick view Croft Croft PINK