Quinta da Roêda Vintage Porto
/ Douro Valley Porto
Quinta da Roêda, owned by the Croft family since 1875, has long been considered one of the great Porto vineyards, producing characteristically plump, full, fruit-forward wines. This single-quinta (single-vineyard) vintage Porto is produced only in years of exceptional quality when a general Porto vintage is not declared. The grapes are trod by foot in granite lagares to minimize the release of harsh, bitter compounds from skins and seeds, and the wine spends two years aging in vat before bottling. Like vintage Porto, this single-quinta vintage Porto should be laid down to mature in the bottle, and should be decanted before serving. A Quinta da Roêda Vintage Porto will develop in the bottle faster than a traditional Vintage Porto, and should be consumed 10 to 15 years from the vintage date.
Wine Spectator2018 vintage
Wine Enthusiast2018 vintage
Elegant and well balanced, with red berry, dark cherry, plum and spice aromas and flavors. This wine will develop in the bottle for 10 to 15 years and should be decanted due to sediment in the bottle.
Pair with aged cheeses and desserts made with dark chocolate or berries.
points of distinction
- Produced exclusively from fruit from the famed Quinta da Roêda
- A collectible, vintage wine that doesn’t need to age as long as a traditional vintage wine
- One of few wines that pairs perfectly with chocolate desserts
about the grape +
Touriga Nacional produces wine with finesse, body and warmth that is dark, concentrated, massively tannic and aromatic. It ages to show the complex aromas typically found in mature vintage port.
– Natasha Robertson Bridge, Co-Owner
“Croft is defined by an abundance of rich, plump fruit with a delicious exotic quality and a distinctive herbaceous, spicy character.”
- quick view new Croft Brandy
- quick view new Croft Quinta da Roêda Serikos
- quick view new Croft 430th Anniversary Reserve Ruby
- quick view new Croft Reserve Ruby Porto
- quick view Croft Reserve Tawny Porto
- quick view Croft Distinction Porto
- quick view Croft 10 Year Old Tawny Porto
- quick view Croft Fine Ruby
- quick view Croft Fine Tawny
- quick view Croft Classic Vintage Porto
- quick view Croft Croft PINK