/ Douro Valley Porto
Grapes: Touriga Nacional, Touriga Franca, Tinta Barroca, Tinta Roriz, Tinto Cão, Tinta Amarela
The fruit for Croft Fine Tawny Porto is sourced in the traditional way, from the highest-quality individual growers in the Douro Valley, where the varying altitude and aspect of the vineyards creates the potential for a complex wine of great character. In the winery, the newly developed, robotic “Port Toes” technology for treading allows the winery to maximize the quality of the fruit by imitating the traditional action of human feet and avoiding damage to the bitter grape seeds. Fermentation is halted by the addition of grape spirits before all the residual sugar has been fermented, creating a sweet, fortified wine. Croft Fine Tawny is a blend of three- to four-year-old wines selected for their ability to mature quickly to produce a mellow, rounded flavor. The blend is matured in neutral casks for an average of three years before bottling.
Wine SpectatorN/A vintage
A clear apricot (tawny) color, with spicy plum, nut and licorice aromas and flavors. Mildly sweet and full-bodied.
Pair with nut-based cakes, cookies or tarts and dried fruit desserts, or a traditional dried fruit and nut plate. Made to be enjoyed immediately.
GRAPES: Touriga Nacional, Touriga Franca, Tinta Barroca, Tinta Roriz, Tinto Cão, Tinta Amarela
ACIDITY: 3.37 g/l
AGING: 3 years in oak
RESIDUAL SUGAR: 100.6 g/l
points of distinction
- A high-quality tawny, matured in cask for three years after blending for a traditional nutty, tawny character
- Made to be consumed immediately, with no need for further aging after purchase
about the grape +
Touriga Nacional produces wine with finesse, body and warmth that is dark, concentrated, massively tannic and aromatic. It ages to show the complex aromas typically found in mature vintage port.
– Natasha Robertson Bridge, Chief Blender
“Croft is defined by an abundance of rich, plump fruit with a delicious exotic quality and a distinctive herbaceous, spicy character.”
- quick view new Croft Pink & Tonic
- quick view new Croft Brandy
- quick view Croft Quinta da Roêda Serikos
- quick view Croft 430th Anniversary Reserve Ruby
- quick view Croft Reserve Ruby Porto
- quick view Croft Reserve Tawny Porto
- quick view Croft Distinction Porto
- quick view Croft 10 Year Old Tawny Porto
- quick view Croft Fine Ruby
- quick view Croft Classic Vintage Porto
- quick view Croft Quinta da Roêda Vintage Porto
- quick view Croft Croft PINK